Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Leaked photos of DJI Osmo Pocket 2 show up – Over the weekend, a whole series of leaked photos showed up of what appears to be the new DJI Osmo Pocket 2, a handheld, gimbal-stabilized, camera that might arrive as soon as tomorrow according to this DroneXL article.
DJI announcement: Capture Magic At Hand – In an email, DJI sent out the following announcement, saying Capture Magic At Hand. It makes us wonder what this could be, although to be honest, we suspect this will be the new DJI Osmo Pocket 2, as we reported earlier already.
DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise drone used by APD homicide detectives to arrest murder suspect – A DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise drone outfitted with a spotlight was used by homicide detectives from the Atlanta Police Department to assist in the arrest of the murder suspect of Thomas Jefferson Byrd.
Fireball-dropping drones are the greatest innovation in fire fighting this year – Fireball-dropping drones are the latest technology that is used by firefighters in California to battle the unprecedented wildfires. The drones are arguably the greatest innovation in fire fighting this year says a National Geographic reporter.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Madagascar experiments with drones for its massive reforestation effort
- NHS using drones to deliver coronavirus kit between hospitals
- Chicago couple caught taking engagement photos by drone photographer found
- THIS AUTONOMOUS AMBULANCE USES A DRONE TO CLEAR WAY IN CROWDED CITIES!
- Bird? Plane? Nope, it’s a new Norwich fire department drone
- US Army to Improve Encryption of Drone Communications
- Drone helps find woman in her 90s after she went missing during a walk
- Aertos drone is made to take a beating
- Unmanned boats and drones could repair offshore wind farms and clean up plastic in the sea
- Arizona Fire Department Utilizes Drones to Ensure Safety of Firefighters
- Amazon Needs This Wireless In-Flight Drone Recharging Tech For Prime Air
- Drone Intrudes on Restricted Airspace Over Red Salmon Fire
- WWF Australia drones to drop seeds for koala gum trees
- USE THESE THREE SIMPLE TRICKS TO CREATE TRIPPY PHOTOS WITH YOUR DRONE
- Cass County Sheriff’s Office uses drone with thermal cam to find missing 93-year-old
- U.S. Autonomous Drone Maker Skydio Expands Footprint to Japan
- Saudia airliner carrying 296 passengers came within 100 feet of smashing into drone at it landed at Heathrow, report says
- Documenting lockdown through drone photography
- New drones and officers trained as part of $400,000 government commitment
- New police drones for catching crooks, searching properties, managing traffic, forensic imaging
- AI drones can improve Singapore’ building inspection times by 70%
- Eyes in the Sky: Drones a ‘force multiplier’ for Lawrence Police Department
- Ford Teams Up With Drone Delivery Canada To Test Landing On Moving Vehicle
- Drone camera helps restore power in rain-battered villages of Andhra
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.