595 bug fixes included in updated FreeFlight 7.3 app for Parrot ANAFI Ai drone
French drone maker Parrot just released a new updated FreeFlight 7.3 app that includes no less than 595 bug fixes. The company calls it the biggest step forward since the release of the ANAFI AI drone.
Parrot abandoned the consumer drone market in favor of the more lucrative and less competitive market for government and enterprise customers.
The FreeFlight app is the main software application used to control drones such as the ANAFI AI and ANAFI USA.
The newly released software update for FreeFlight 7 is still targeted just at ANAFI Ai owners. All other existing Parrot drones will continue to use FreeFlight 6.
In version 7.3 of FreeFlight, there is now a “Touch & Fly” option, in addition to other flying improvements. The latest update, which may be found here, is now version 7.3, and it supersedes version 7.2, which was released in April 2022.
Unfortunately for Android users the new FreeFlight 7.3 app is only available for iOS devices.
Here are the details of the updated FreeFlight 7.3 app
- Touch&Fly Ability to manually adjust the position of the Point of Interest and the Waypoint position on the video feedback of the Touch&Fly interface.
- HUD: New button to resume interrupted Flight Plan/Photogrammetry
- HUD: New vibrating and ringing alerts added
- HUD: New progress bar to disable Obstacle Avoidance when the drone is stuck
- Drone Information: Battery health management interface
- Gallery: Added photo preview for quicker media browsing
- Regulation: DRI format conformity for C1 regulation
- Flight Plan: RTH launched if a Flight Plan is interrupted
- Flight: Downward flight enhancements
- Vehicle Mission: Improvements to landing behavior
- Flight Plan: Videos and photos are now only recorded between first and last waypoint during a Flight Plan
- Recording: New auto record strategy
- Recording: Media naming format change
- Settings: Digital signature disabled as default setting
- 4G: P2P 4G connection enabled
Anyone with an Apple smartphone can download the updated version of the Parrot FreeFlight 7.3 from the Apple App Store. The file size is over 530 MB.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.