New DJI Mini 3 is the mini camera drone for everybody, everywhere!
The world's largest drone maker, DJI says that the new DJI Mini 3 is the mini camera drone for everybody, everywhere. And they might actually be right on this one.
Today, after countless leaks, photos, Best Buy gaffe's and DJI rumors, the new DJI Mini 3 is finally here.
We all knew it was coming, but still, we are very excited to share the official announcement today!
DJI Mini 3 is a big deal
Yes, the DJI Mini 3 is DJI's smallest drone, but it is a big deal.
In its press release, DJI says the “DJI Mini 3 is a compact, ultra-lightweight camera drone that is ready for adventure.”
At less than 249 grams, Mini 3 is super light and small to carry anywhere (the best drone you have is the one… You know the rest), and is free from most drone rules in many parts of the world.
Its 1/1.3-inch camera sensor captures 4K HDR video and 12MP images with True Vertical Shooting for outstanding social media content quality.
The DJI Mini 3 can turn the camera into true vertical mode with a press of the button!
“DJI Mini 3 arrives as a welcome addition to our growing compact drone lineup,” said Ferdinand Wolf, Creative Director at DJI. “It follows in the footsteps of its sibling, Mini 3 Pro, and offers many of the same high-performance features as a worthy alternative option. We created Mini 3 to invite even more new users to take off for the first time, and we can't wait to see the moments they create with it.”
As the newest of the DJI Mini series, the Mini 3 was especially designed to weigh under 249 grams.
This tiny size makes DJI Mini 3 simple to carry in your backpack or pocket for your next trip.
The mini 3 also fulfills drone restrictions in many areas of the globe, where sub-250g drones enable users to fly within regional compliance, no registration or test necessary.
However, be sure to check local regulations in the area you are traveling to as rules vary from country to country.
The DJI Mini 3 captures aerial video in 4K at 30 fps with HDR with true-to-life colors.
A 1/1.3-inch CMOS sensor and f/1.7 aperture offer better picture resolution, sharper depth of field, and reduced image noise in even low light conditions and strong contrast, delivering cleaner photos.
To enhance low-light performance, 4-in-1 pixel technology can produce photographs with resolutions ranging from 48MP to 12MP and individual pixels as large as 2.4 μm to improve low-light performance.
Dual native ISO and chip-level HDR technology helps generate very clear photos in minimal time, leading to great results, especially in photographs with high dynamic range such as huge shadows.
True Vertical Shooting, turning the camera 90 degrees to capture material that is perfectly suited for social networking sites.
With the basic Intelligent Flight Battery that it comes with, the DJI Mini 3 can fly for up to 38 minutes at a time. With the Intelligent Flight Battery Plus, you may extend your flights for up to 51 minutes.
DJI O2 digital video transmission gives a 720p/30fps live stream from up to 10 km away while employing sophisticated anti-interference technology to guarantee a consistent connection during the flight.
Note: The DJI Mini 3 Pro comes with DJI's O3 transmission system for a better quality signal.
With a wind resistance of up to 10.7 m/s, Mini 3 can hover firmly and sustain a stable picture in varied situations.
Cinematic Shots with the DJI Mini 3 in a Tap
DJI Mini 3 makes content creation a breeze with QuickShots, a suite of pre-programmed flight and filming paths to let anyone make beautiful footage in both landscape and vertical shooting.
- Dronie: Aircraft flies back and up with the camera locked on the subject.
- Helix: Aircraft flies up and spirals around the subject.
- Rocket: Aircraft flies up with the camera facing down.
- Circle: Aircraft circles around the subject.
- Boomerang: Aircraft flies around the subject in an oval path, ascending as it flies away and descending as it returns.
Flying is simpler than you may imagine, and the DJI Mini 3 offers a variety of smart features to aid in your immediate start.
Auto Takeoff lets you start your flying trip. The Return to Home (RTH) feature comprises Smart RTH, Low Battery RTH, and Failsafe RTH, directing the aircraft to immediately return to its starting place in conditions such a lost signal or low battery.
In order to hover steadily and correctly, Mini 3 also uses GNSS in conjunction with the downward vision system and the infrared sensor system. This allows you to fly with confidence.
DJI Mini 3 accessories to Boost Your Flight
To get the most out of every flight, DJI Mini 3 arrives with several accessories:
- DJI RC is a lightweight and easy-to-use remote controller with a built-in screen. Thanks to the built-in DJI Fly App, it is ready to use without the need to connect to a smartphone, making takeoff more focused and aerial photography more enjoyable.
- Intelligent Flight Battery ensures a smooth and worry-free flight for up to 38 minutes.
- Intelligent Flight Battery Plus supports a max flight time of 51 minutes.
- Two-Way Charging Hub charges the remote controller and three batteries in sequence and also serves as a mobile power source and stores batteries for convenient carrying.
- ND Filters Set adapts the Mini 3 camera to strong lighting conditions with ND16/64/256 filters to always be ready for the perfect shot.
- 360° Propeller Guard fully covers the propellers and is easy to attach and detach, ensuring flight safety in a simple and efficient way.
- Propeller Holder binds the front and back propellers when the aircraft is folded for more convenient storage
Additional Features of the DJI Mini 3
- 180°, Wide, and Sphere panorama, with Sphere Panorama Viewer 2.0 in the DJI Fly app offering a 720° view to drag and zoom a Sphere panorama.
- QuickTransfer with max download speed of 25 MB/s
- Supports large-angle tilt to introduce more creative possibilities.
- Digital zoom at 2x in 4K/30fps, 4x in 1080p, and 2x in 12MP photo
DJI Mini 3 price and availability
DJI Mini 3 is available for purchase from store.dji.com and authorized retail partners in seven configurations:
- DJI Mini 3 (Drone Only) does not include a remote controller or charger, and is ideal for owners of existing DJI drones. It will be available in early 2023 for the retail price of US $409.
- DJI Mini 3 includes the DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller. It is available today for the retail price of US $499.
- DJI Mini 3 (DJI RC) includes the DJI RC Remote Controller with built-in display. It is available today for the retail price of US $639.
- DJI Mini 3 Fly More Combo includes the DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller, Shoulder Bag, Two-Way Charging Hub, and two extra Intelligent Flight Batteries. It is available today for the retail price of US $658.
- DJI Mini 3 Fly More Combo (DJI RC) includes the DJI RC Remote Controller with built-in display, Shoulder Bag, Two-Way Charging Hub, and two extra Intelligent Flight Batteries. It is available today for the retail price of US $798.
DJI Mini 3 comparison
Here's a comparison between the DJI Mini 3 Pro, Mini 3, and Mini 2.
For more information on all the new features, accessories, and capabilities, please visit https://www.dji.com/dji-mini-3
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.