Here are today's most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you'd like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Skydio calls out DJI Mavic 2 APAS video as ‘marketing gimmick' – Lately, it seems that everybody is going after Chinese dronemaker DJI. First various U.S. Government Departments and lawmakers concerned about Data Security and possible spying from the Chinese Government. Then, French drone maker Parrot played off of the same fear to promote their latest ANAFI USA commercial drone. And, now even the U.S.-based Skydio, calling out DJI's Mavic 2 APAS video and obstacle avoidance system as a ‘marketing gimmick' compared to their autonomously flying drones.
Phase One Industrial and Acecore integrate camera and drone technologies – Phase One Industrial, a world-leading provider of medium- and large-format metric cameras and imaging solutions for aerial applications, has signed an agreement with Dutch Acecore Technologies, a developer and manufacturer of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) for cinema and creative, industrial, and security markets. Together, these companies' high-end products are opening new opportunities in drone-based high-accuracy mapping and inspection markets.
DJI Matrice 300 flies autonomously underground in Aussie mines – Reportedly this is the first time ever that a DJI Matrice 300 is flying autonomously underground in two Australian mines. The underground drone flight was organized by drone autonomy company Emesent. The Matrice 300 drone had been outfitted with a LiDAR system to allow it to successfully finds its way through the mines.
Drone delivery company Wing has a new head of operations – David Kunst has been appointed as the new head of operations for drone delivery company Wing. According to Business Insider, the previous Chief Operating Officer Faisal Masud has now officially left Wing after first having served in an advisory role before leaving.
Orlando-based drone company Hoverfly receives $10M investment – Orlando-based Hoverfly Technologies Inc. received a big investment. The drone company reportedly raised roughly $10.7 million in equity, according to an August 17th filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Reported Loss Of Two U.S. MQ-9 Reapers In Syria Raises Troubling Questions
- FAA Administrator Says Drone Policy Moving to Next Stage as IPP Expires
- Scientists will use drone to collect habitat restoration data in Kittitas and Yakima counties
- Mimicking birds and insects is the future of drones
- Australia's Loyal Wingman Drone It's Developing With Boeing Has Been Photographed In The Wild
- FAA Continues Drone Integration Initiatives
- Drones less common, but still a concern over wildfires
- Microsoft Flight Simulator – How to Use Drone
- Pro-Level Freeriding Looks Even Gnarlier From A Fast-Moving Drone's Eye
- Jalisco cartel adopts new tactic: drones armed with C-4 explosive
- Take a relaxing drone flight over packed California beaches
- DRONE VIDEO: Sinkhole opens in Jefferson City restaurant parking lot; two more sinkholes reported
- Drones will be coming to Basildon to solve enforcement cases
- Using Mercenaries to Operate UK Drones is ‘Dangerous' and ‘Should Be Ended Immediately', Expert Says
- One Shot with drone pilot Johnny Schaer
- 60 Percent of Police Drones Are Chinese Made
- DT experiments with drones for medical logistics
- Drone Entrepreneurs Claim Mars Helicopter Infringes Their Design
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.