Just now we received information on the DJI Mavic Air 2 release date. We thought it would be in May or early June, but it seems that the drone maker has its production back online and is ready for business. The new DJI Mavic Air 2 is expected to be released on April 27th.
Keep reading for more information on this newest drone model in the DJI product line.
DJI Mavic Air 2 release date
Here is all the new information and the release date that we just received from our source, deep within the DJI organization. We’ll call him Mr. D for now. Thank you, we owe you a beer (or two)!
- The DJI Mavic Air 2 will be available in all colors, as long as it is grey.
- There will be a Single and a Fly More Combo. (Expect the combo to offer a shoulder bag, additional batteries, etc. You know the drill.)
- The official launch, and official DJI Mavic Air 2 release date, is scheduled for April 27th.
- DJI will start shipping to customers around May 11th.
- Dealers should be able to order slightly before the official release date.
We should have more information on this latest DJI drone shortly, but so far we’re getting pretty excited about this new drone.
Couple of things to keep in mind.
We do not have any firm information on the price yet although $799 has been rumored for the single edition. The Fly More Combo will be around two hundred more, we suspect.
Furthermore, we wonder how DJI will organize the official product launch this time. Normally, DJI would invite press and media people to a location in NYC, however, with the city being a corona-hotspot, this would be a bad idea. So, it will be interesting to see what DJI will do this time. A 100% online product launch?
What do you think about the DJI Mavic Air 2 so far? Will this drone, the first one from DJI that will have ADS-B In included, make your buy list, or are you going to hold off until a better and more capable DJI Mavic 3 appears at the horizon? Let us know in the comments below!
Also, be sure to check out our other posts on the new DJI Mavic Air 2.