Apart from adding the 10-bit color depth, DJI also added support for Remote ID, the ability to detect abnormal attitude and brake automatically, added more video recording options, the option to set sharpness and noise reduction parameters, and more.
All in all, this firmware update should make the DJI Avata better to fly and allow you to get more creative and achieve better results with your aerial videography.
“Remote ID now permanently enabled on the DJI Avata. You'll be required to have your phone plugged into your goggles durning flights. The update added some awesome features but they also brought the unwanted,” Ken Dono said in a tweet.
Here are all the details of the DJI Avata firmware update:
Overview of the DJI Avata firmware update:
- Date: 2022.12.08
- Aircraft Firmware: v01.02.0000
- Goggles Firmware: v01.03.0000 (DJI Goggles 2) v01.05.0000 (DJI FPV Goggles V2)
- Motion Controller Firmware: v02.00.0500
- Remote Controller Firmware: v02.00.0400
- DJI Fly App iOS: v1.8.0
- DJI Fly App Android: v1.8.0
What's new in this firmware update for the DJI Avata?
- Added support for Remote ID requirements in the United States.
- Added ability to detect abnormal attitude and brake automatically when the aircraft turns sharply at high speed with an altitude of more than 5 m in Manual mode.
- Added ability to cancel the countdown for low battery RTH by pressing the brake button.
- Added support for the aircraft to record video at 4K@30fps, 2.7K@30fps, and 1080p@30fps. When used with DJI Goggles 2, 2.7K@120fps and 1080p@120fps are also available.
- Added ability to transfer data from the aircraft storage to the microSD card. Go to Settings > Camera in the goggles menu to use this function.
- Added ability to set sharpness and noise reduction parameters. Go to Settings > Camera > Advanced Camera Settings in the goggles menu to set the parameters.
- Improved D-Cinelike to 10bit, providing more possibilities for post-processing.
- Optimized flight stability in some scenarios.
- Optimized the video transmission fluency in broadcast mode.
- Restart the aircraft, remote controller, and goggles after the update is complete.
- Note that the update may reset various flight parameters such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flight distance. Before updating, take note of your preferred settings and readjust them after the update.
- If update fails, restart the aircraft, remote controller, goggles, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) and try again.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
Copyright © DroneXL.co 2023. All rights reserved. The content, images, and intellectual property on this website are protected by copyright law. Reproduction or distribution of any material without prior written permission from DroneXL.co is strictly prohibited. For permissions and inquiries, please contact us here.
FTC: DroneXL.co is an Amazon Associate and uses affiliate links that can generate income from qualifying purchases. We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email.