New DJI Mavic 3 firmware update adds cruise control and more
Along with the DJI Mavic 3 Classic, the biggest maker of camera drones in the world also released a DJI Mavic 3 firmware update today.
The new Firmware Update brings several new features to the DJI Mavic 3, such as Cruise Control, Night Mode, support for EU C1 certification, Remote ID, and more. Let's take a closer look!
Here are the release notes from DJI:
Here are the release notes from DJI
DJI Mavic 3 firmware update overview:
- Date: 2022.11.02
- Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0900
- RC-N1 Remote Controller Firmware: v04.13.0700
- DJI RC Remote Controller Firmware: V01.02.0100
- DJI RC Pro Remote Controller Firmware: v03.01.1100
- DJI Fly App iOS: v1.8.0
- DJI Fly App Android: v1.8.0
- Added Night mode in recording mode, supports 4K 30fps and ISO 800 to 12800.
- Added Output Quality settings for Hyperlapse, select from High and Preview options.
- Added ISO 1600 for D-Log.
- Added Spotlight and POI when using tele camera, supports static subject.
- Added Cruise Control. Set one of the customizable buttons of the remote controller to Cruise
- Control to enable this feature.Added Gain and Expo Tuning. The maximum flight speed, brake sensitivity, and other settings can be adjusted in different flight modes.
- Added support for EU C1 certification.
- Added support for RID in the United States.
- Optimized the name rule for footage, the footage name is incremental after formatting.
- Fixed issue: color was abnormal in DNG photos.
- Fixed some minor bugs.
DJI RC Pro:
- Added ability to close the prompt by using C1 and C2 button after the Low Battery RTH prompts.
- Added support for DJI Mavic 3 Classic.
- Fixed some minor bugs.
While the firmware update adds several great new features to the DJI Mavic 3 series, folks rightfully point out on the DJI Forum that there are still important features missing from this flagship drone: waypoints and the SDK.
Here's what a few folks had to say about this:
“Yeah looks a really good update with some welcome features but still no WAYPOINTS or SDK…
Thanks DJI, but we are still coming at you for the waypoints or SDK.. hahaaa.”
Oh man, this looks like a great update. I think the biggest complaints left is SDK and waypoints.
Let us know what you think about these new features that have been added in the Mavic 3 firmware update. We are curious to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.