Only a few days ago, we wrote about this tender from the department of the interior in France and how they are looking to purchase 651 drones. Part of the tender seemed to be specifically written for the Parrot ANAFI drone. Whereas another part of the document seemed written for a drone with a 30x zoom lens, which we (still) think is for the DJI Matrice 200/210. But then we learned about this drone that offers very similar capabilities but in a much smaller and lighter package. Check out the Parrot Anafi UA from the French drone maker Parrot. Could this be the perfect drone for First Responders and Search and Rescue operators?
The Parrot ANAFI UA
Today somebody sent us images of the Parrot ANAFI UA. A drone that is obviously not meant for the consumer market. This small and very lightweight drone comes with three cameras. The photos come from a brochure that tells us the following about the specs of this foldable, military drone.
Ready-to-use and easy-to-use
- ANAFI UA requires less than half a day training, thanks to its economic design and intuitive flight control.
- ANAFI UA can be deployed in less than a minute.
- Rucksack portable (9.69″ x 4.09″ x 3.2″ folded) and ultra light-weight, less than one pound.
- Fast charge through any USB-C compliant power supply. No need for external charging device hands launchable.
High-resolution EO and IR cameras for ISR
- Zoom X-33 gyrostabilized
- ANAFI UA UA detects human targets at 1000 meters in daytime environment.
- ANAFI UA detects human targets at 200 meters in nighttime environment.
ANAFI UA is the most discrete micro drone on the market equipped with two. EO/IR cameras with zoom up to 33 for Scouting and Intelligence, Combats Support & Mobility Support.
What do you think about micro-drones that are so small and lightweight as the Parrot ANAFI UA? It does make you wonder where we’re headed with drones becoming smaller, less expensive, and so much more capable. Is the Parrot ANAFI UA the perfect drone for first responders and search and rescue operators?
What do you think? Let us know in the comments below.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.