Daily Drone News – Wednesday December 23, 2020
Here are today's most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you'd like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
HOMELAND SECURITY WARNS CHINESE TECH IS “A GRAVE THREAT' TO DATA SECURITY – In a Business Advisory, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security warns that technology and services from China form “a grave threat” to the data security of American businesses and the U.S. Government.
SEARCH MISSING TEXAS STATE STUDENT THAT INCLUDED DRONES SUSPENDED – Efforts to find a Texas State University student who was reported missing last week that included helicopters and drones have been suspended according to a Texas-based nonprofit that assists law-enforcement agencies with Search and Rescue missions.
WHICH DJI PRODUCTS RELY ON TECHNOLOGY FROM U.S.-BASED COMPANIES? – With DJI added to the ‘Entity List' by the U.S. Department of Commerce, American companies can no longer export both software and hardware technology to DJI without a special government permit. So the question is which DJI products rely on technology from U.S.-based companies, and how will this impact DJI's ability to bring products to the United States?
DUTCH MINISTRY OF DEFENSE TRADES CIVILIAN DRONES FOR MILITARY-GRADE UAVS – The Dutch Ministry of Defense will purchase 16 million euros worth of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) in the coming years. Civilian drones from DJI and other manufacturers are no longer available as they do not meet the strict requirements set by the military. Instead, there will be tricopters from AtlasPro and a new series of Black Hornet Nano Drones from FLIR Systems.
FRENCH POLICE BANNED FROM USING DRONES TO MONITOR DEMONSTRATIONS – France's highest administrative court, at the urging of privacy activists, has banned the use of drones by Police to monitor public protests in Paris, reports the BBC. According to the activists, the use of drones with cameras goes against individual freedom of expression.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- The government blacklisted DJI drones, but some drone companies are more confused than worried
- Russia's Oldest Bomber Now Controls Drones — Here's What It Might Do With Them
- Aussie AI: Researchers use AI-enabled drones to protect the iconic koala
- DJI Mavic Mini gets a Boxing Day discount on Amazon Australia
- Authorities use drone, airboat during ice rescue on Beaver Dam Lake
- Bell tested a transport drone with 110 pounds of cargo near Fort Worth. How'd it go?
- Stricter Rules to Take Effect for Flying Drones
- Houthis Claim Saudi CH-4 Drone Downed Near Border
- Companies Like Drone Delivery Canada (CVE:FLT) Are In A Position To Invest In Growth
- Local donations fund Berrien County Sheriff's Office's new thermal drone
- A321 Came Within 20ft Of Unidentified Flying Object Departing Heathrow
- Over 900 drones enter service in Russia since 2012
- Kent lorry drivers: Drone footage shows lorries parked up as Christmas hope fades
- US general warns of risk from Iran a year after Qassem Soleimani drone strike
- Govt decides to form Drone Regulatory Authority
- Thales and Australian partners demonstrate safe integration of drones in low altitude airspace
- Pictures: Drones perform light and sound show for Dubai Shopping Festival
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
If you'd like to stay up to date with all the latest drone News, scoops, rumors, and reviews follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, or…
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Follow DroneXL.co on your Google News feed.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.