Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co on Friday, June 19th
DJI FPV camera shows up in patent. Will DJI finally release an FPV drone? – Today we see drawings from a new DJI patent showing what seems to be a new DJI FPV camera. Will DJI finally release its own DJI FPV drone as well? Let’s take a closer look.
Judge orders release of police drone videos from investigation into “phantom car crash” – A Superior Court judge has ordered the release of police drone videos and other video footage from the investigation into the disappearance and deaths of Stephanie Mayorga and Paige Escalera, and what was referred to a “phantom car crash.”
Drones map High Plateaus Basin in the Moroccan Atlas for first time – Drones map High Plateaus Basin in the Moroccan Atlas for the first time according to a paper of the Centro Nacional de Investigación Sobre la Evolución Humana (CENIEH) in the Journal of Maps. The drones capture high-resolution aerial images and topographies that help the understanding of human evolution in North Africa during the Quaternary in Eastern Marocco.
Turkey has swarming suicide drones ready for export – Turkey reportedly has plans to buy more than 500 quadcopter drones of the Kargu type that could be used as suicide drones, could be operated in swarms, and could be ready for export.
City Council forces NYPD to disclose use of drones – The New York City Council passed a bill that when signed by Mayor Bill de Blasio would force the NYPD to disclose their use of drones and other spy technologies in New York City.
Continued search for missing girl will include a drone – The search for a missing 8-year-old girl will be continued today and will include a helicopter, search dogs, a drone, and the Lincoln Fire Departments Urban Search & Rescue Team/Nebraska Task Force 1.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Drones and dogs to be used by police as raves planned across Black Country and Staffordshire
- Drones Equipped with Bubble Guns Pollinate Flowers as Bees Decline
- Protection order for Clare woman after court hears ex-husband was flying drone outside house
- Using drones in industrial inspections will prevent deadly workplace accidents
- Members of Congress demand answers after they said border protection flew drones over Detroit protests
- Drone video shows progress of ‘Black Lives Matter’ mural outside Cincinnati City Hall
- New system uses drones for measuring and modelling emissions
- Zomato cancels acquisition deal with drone startup TechEagle
- Drones flying like birds to perform disaster-averting bridge checks
- SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY GRADUATE STUDENTS HELP NUAIR, WINDSHAPE ON DRONE WIND-TUNNEL PROJECT
- Olympus Patents ‘High-Performance’ Drone Camera
- Fortem Technologies Brings Complete End-to-End Counter Drone Security to Gulf Region
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.