Here are today's most important drone News articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you'd like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Near-collision between drone and police helicopter in Tulsa, OK – A near-collision between a drone and a Police helicopter in Tulsa, OK, was captured on video by Sean Thornburg as he was recording a procession from St. Francis hospital on Wednesday.
Facemasks delivered by drone to hospitals in Mexico – To avoid human contact, facemasks will be delivered to hospitals in Mexico by drone. Donations of antibacterial gel, facemasks, gloves, 3D-printed face shields, and other basic supplies have been delivered by unmanned aircraft to healthcare workers, says Sincronia Logistica.
Counter-drone startup Anduril raises $200 million – The latest funding round of 200 million nearly doubles its prior valuation, bringing the value of counter-drone startup Anduril to $1.9 billion. The company is planning to use the latest cash infusion to improve its autonomous unmanned air vehicles (UAVs) and Artificial Intelligence software, as well as make additional hires.
Drone halts Honolulu firefighters during battle with large fire in Waianae – A drone stops Honolulu Firefighters during their battle with a large brush fire on Waianae. Honolulu Fire spokesman Capt. Jeffrey Roache said that helicopters resumed aerial operations after the drone operator was found and ordered to land his unmanned aircraft.
Surveillance drones and elite police units deployed to COVID-19 hotspots in Melbourne – Surveillance drones and more than 1000 elite police units have been deployed to COVID-19 hotspots in suburban Melbourne as the southern state of Victoria, Australia struggles to bring a fresh wave of the Coronavirus under control.
Ancient, deserted Irish village captured by drone – An ancient, deserted Irish village was captured by a drone at the base of Slievemore mountain near Dugort. There are approximately 100 houses spread out over three village areas called Tuar, Tuar Riabach, and Faiche.
Drone footage shows Ghislaine Maxwell's secluded hideaway in NH – This drone footage shows just how secluded Ghislaine Maxwell's hideaway in New Hampshire really was. The British socialite was hiding in the mountainous area until the feds came knocking on her door last Thursday morning.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Drone Use Highly Regulated On, Near Military Installations
- The really strange ‘figures of 8' flightpath taken by a drone above Dover
- Drone Delivery To Be Available For Remote Areas In Korea
- Drone Delivers Ice Cream to Medical Staff Battling COVID-19
- The Air Force Has a Plan To Stop Drones From Being Shot Down
- Milton Police Looking To Find Owner Of Found Drone
- FIRE OFFICIALS: FLYING DRONES OVER FIRES IS DANGEROUS AND ILLEGAL
- Drone tech startup Linebird is out to solve utilities' operational problems
- Why your home delivery may soon need a flight plan
- Drones taking off in energy industry
- Drones in the Water? Navy Seeks Approval for Autonomous Ships
- Drone Racing League will conclude eight-race series Sunday on NBCSN
- Drone technology: Great Harwood firm's “game changer for construction industry”
- Agriculture Ministry To Purchase Drones
- Russian troops to start receiving medium-and long-range strike drones from 2021
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.