Here are today's most important drone News articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you'd like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Florida drone company pivots from cleaning to sanitizing drone services during pandemic – Andy Godfrey, CEO of Pensacola Beach-based Upward Drone Solutions said that the work for cleaning services with a drone completely disappeared with the arrival of the Coronavirus pandemic. The company quickly pivoted and started to focus on sanitizing buildings and other outdoor spaces with their reconfigured 55-pound drone.
$5,000 donation to Umatilla County Search and Rescue team to buy DJI drone – On July 9, Umatilla Electric Cooperative donated a $5,000 check to the Umatilla County Search and Rescue team to cover the expenses of a DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual drone and accessories.
Nantes cathedral fire seen through firefighter's drone – On Saturday, July 18, 2020, 120 Firefighters of SDIS 44 quickly intervened and put out the fire in the Nantes cathedral. Some of the firefighters' drone footage was subsequently shared on YouTube.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- TECHNICAL TRADERS MUST WATCH AGEAGLE AERIAL SYSTEMS, INC. (UAVS)
- 25 years of GPS: new issue of Global Defence Technology out now
- Saudi drone startup puts limitless abilities in our hands
- Armenia's two tactical UAVs destroyed
- UAV Navigation launches compact autopilot VECTOR-400
- THE FUTURISTIC SMART CITIES POWERED BY UAV DRONE TECHNOLOGY
- MyGalileoDrone competition seeks UAV innovations
- Drones to address productivity issues in aircraft maintenance
- senseFly announces partnership With GEOCOM
- Leonardo DRS Gets $190M Army Counter-Drone System Development Contract
- Long-Endurance UAS Completes Landmark First Flight
- Kent Police use drones to stop illegal cockle pickers
- Only 10 per cent of military aircraft will be manned by 2040, says Defence Secretary
- Shark spotter says fatal attacks on NSW North Coast may have been prevented if helicopter patrols continued
- U.S. Army Soldiers trains to take down drones
- Federal judge in Minnesota sentences second brother for sending drone parts to Hezbollah
- Australian drone analytics startup Propeller Aero raises $18M new funding
- Lancashire Police: Drone finds lost Pendle Hill walker
- China's Drones Are Doing a Little Bit of Spy Work Over the Pacific
- EASA publishes proposed standards for certification of light drones
- US drone software company looks to expand its wings into Australia
- Drone rangers poised to expand area of exploration
- First autonomous drone to pass Level 5 hurricane testing for emergency response
- Syrian Troops Share Image of Captured Black Hornet 3 Spy Drone
- Nantes Cathedral fire: Drone pictures reveal scale of destruction
- NASA Counts Down to Launch of New Mars Rover and Drone
- DRONERESPONDERS Releases Principles for Responsible Public-Safety Drone Use
- Virgin Atlantic flight with 455 passengers came within 300ft of hitting drone one minute after taking off from Gatwick, near-miss report reveals
- KIND PIVOTS FROM IN-PERSON SAMPLING TO DELIVERY BY BALLOON, BIRD AND DRONE
- Drones for mustering improves safety and efficiency on rural properties
- Azerbaijani military downs 2 Armenian drones
- Experts say boosting home-grown drone industry will generate millions of jobs
- DRDO's ‘Bharat' drones for Indian Army for accurate surveillance along China border
- Was ‘Drone Prathap' bluffing?
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.