Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
President Trump threatens to shut down TikTok. Will Chinese drone maker DJI be next? – Today, President Trump said that TikTok will be shut down in the U.S., if it hasn’t been bought by Microsoft or another company by September 15th. The president said, “It can’t be controlled for security reasons by China.” Will the Chinese drone maker, DJI, that has been plagued by Data Security concerns, be Mr. Trump’s next target?
Drone used in Myrtle Beach search operations for missing swimmer – The search operations that included the use of a drone have been halted because of the approaching Tropical Storm Isaias. According to the Myrtle Beach Police Department says the swimmer went missing Sunday evening at 28th Avenue South in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
Former DJI Enterprise Business employee, David Benowitz joins DroneAnalyst – Many of you will know David Benowitz as one of the driving forces behind DJI’s Enterprise Business division here in the U.S. Last week, David left DJI to join DroneAnalyst. He brings a wealth of drone and Drone Industry knowledge to the in-depth analytical research that the DroneAnalyst is known for. DroneXL will work closely with the DroneAnalyst to share interesting findings and results about the rapidly developing drone industry here on our site.
Seattle ‘Karen’ confronts black drone pilot of using DJI Mavic 2 Pro to film women – Meanwhile in Seattle… A white woman, later referred to as ‘Karen’ when the conversation heats up, confronted a black drone pilot and real estate photographer of using his DJI Mavic 2 Pro to film women.
How to catch a DJI Mavic 2 in between the famous Corryvreckan whirlpools and standing waves? – How to catch a DJI Mavic 2 in between the famous Corryvreckan whirlpools and standing waves? Simple. You use a net. Check out this video below that not only shows some cool drone footage but also a pretty badass boat.
Drone photos show huge response from emergency crews in search for missing teen – Drone Photos show a huge response from emergency crews to water search for a missing teen at the Lakeside Shopping Centre in the UK.
Drones aid in recovery of missing men near Bate Island in Canada – Two men who were fishing near rapids along Bate Island in Canada on Friday were ‘carried away in the water, according to witnesses. Search boats, a team of divers, and drones aided in the recovery of the body of one of the men late Friday night. The other person is still missing.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- How to fly Chinese drones without risking security
- Businesses realize drone mapping power for virtual workplace
- AI MEETS INSPECTION: HOW AUTONOMOUS DRONES ARE CHANGING THE GAME IN
- Hays County Sheriff’s Office seeking armed man in a manic state
- Watch footage from a Minnesota State Patrol plane spying on Minneapolis [VIDEO]
- Great white sharks swim among us at San Diego County beaches
- China to provide 38 more agricultural drones to Pakistan to fight desert locust
- Space-age approach to natural disasters urged, with use of apps and drones
- Israel builds delivery drones network amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Sukhoi to begin delivery of S-70 attack drone in 2024
- Israeli army examining purchase of wearable anti-drone device
- Russia to start serial deliveries of latest heavy strike drone in 2024
- Singapore drone start-up Performance Rotors snags funding from Dutch MNC Royal Vopak
- New Drone Programming Courses and Membership by DroneBlocks
- EHang flies out rapid responder, firefighting drone
- Drone from the drones more than many can bear
- Yemen Houthi rebels claim fighters shot down a US-made drone
- How drones affect your threat model
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.