Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Leaked photo DJI Ronin RS2 gimbal shows on Twitter – A new leaked photo of a DJI Ronin-RS2 Gimbal shows up on Twitter today. This photo is of much higher quality than the photos we have seen before and shows us the new DJI handheld gimbal in full view. The photo was leaked on Twitter by OsitalLV. It seems that this might well be the new generation of the DJI Ronin-S, or will it be called the DJI Ronin-RS2? Porsche uses the RS moniker for their lightest ‘RennSport’ cars. Wouldn’t it be nice if DJI came out with a super lightweight gimbal? The DJI Ronin-RS2.
Skydio, Parrot and other dronemakers approved by Pentagon for military sales – Today an article in the Wall Street Journal informs us that five drone makers have been approved by the Pentagon for military sales. Among the approved companies are four U.S drone makers; Skydio Inc., Vantage Robotics, Altavian Inc., and Teal Drones. As expected the fifth one is French drone maker Parrot, that recently launched the ANAFI USA in a controversial marketing campaign.
Matternet’s M2 drone system enables new U.S. Hospital Delivery Network – Matternet’s M2 drone system enables new U.S. Hospital Delivery Network. New service in collaboration with UPS Flight Forward (UPSFF) will carry patient-specific time- and temperature-sensitive medicines and PPE for medical professionals treating COVID-19.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force could be more than punch line
- How is drone mapping used for crash investigation
- Unifly shares BVLOS trials expertise in India
- Couple flying high with new venture as they celebrate 20 years since launch of new business
- Former national champion fighting COVID-19 with drones
- School leavers ‘dream of becoming influencers, app developers and drone pilots’
- Plug Power broadens product line, adds fuel cells for drones and robots
- North Carolina Hospital Chain Begins Drone Deliveries Of Medicines
- Matternet’s M2 Drone System Enabling New U.S. Hospital Delivery Network at Wake Forest Baptist Health
- Florida Photographer Caught Mesmerizing Footage Of Sharks Swimming Off The Coast (VIDEO)
- New platform by AiRXOS helps streamline public safety drone operations to help agencies fly faster and respond quicker in emergency situations.
- More women needed in drone industry, says Kelebogile Molopyane
- Drone software helps COVID crowd control
- Group Wants To Use Drones To Spot Sharks At Cape Cod Beaches
- RDO intros all-U.S.-made drones directed at construction, aggregates industries
- How drones are used in the fight against malaria
- NTSB Counts Three Confirmed And Three Suspected Drone Collisions
- Sensor system helps drones avoid power lines
- Armenia testing new strike drone
- Navy seeks to combine operations of thousands of ships and drones
- ADF drones could have been used to ‘spy’ on Victorians amid COVID-19 restrictions
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 photo mode – Drone Camera guide
- Drone used to locate injured woman in Wepre Woods.
- How Did Two U.S. Military Drones Collide Over Syria?
- Buss Energy Acquires Stake in Austrian Drone Inspection Provider
- Turkish combat drone passes 20,000-feet altitude test
- Federal agencies issue joint advisory for legal use of drones
- Drone attacked by eagle found, EGLE posts lighthearted statement on recovery
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.