Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
NYC will study the use of drones for building facade inspections – Last Wednesday, the City Council has approved plans to study how drones can be used for building facade inspections in New York City. The plans to study the use of drones for building facade inspections were well received within the drone industry. They offer a rare opportunity for an otherwise grounded industry in New York City.
Mavic 2 Pro delays Cleveland Indians and Chicago Cubs baseball game – For a third time in a matter of months does a drone disrupt a baseball game. This time it was a DJI Mavic 2 Pro that delayed the Cleveland Indians and Chicago Cubs game for a short time as the unmanned aircraft landed on the field.
Officials suggest Rome drone test site to Walmart and Amazon – Oneida county officials are trying to pursuade online commerce giant Amazon to start using the Rome drone test site for the second time two years, and this time they’re going after Walmart as well.
Auterion offers world-first payload integration of Sony A7R4 camera – During the Commercial UAV Expo Americas, drone solutions platform Auterion showed off its world-first integration of the Sony A7R4 camera on a drone.
RapidDeploy enters into agreement with Google to transform U.S. emergency response systems – RapidDeploy enters into agreements with Google, OnStar, ADT, Priority Dispatch and Rave Mobile Safety to transform U.S. emergency response systems. The industry’s premier platform teams up with leading technology companies to unify public safety workflow.
Skyward partners with Parrot for sales of ANAFI USA drone – Skyward and Parrot, a European drone group, have partnered to deliver Parrot ANAFI drones along with Skyward drone program management, flight log sync, and training to U.S. enterprises.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Drone footage shows Sally’s extensive flood damage
- Companies are lining up to build a replacement for the MQ-9 Reaper drone
- Boston-based robotics company designs new drone in hopes of revolutionizing safety, security
- VIDEO: Astounding view of Orange Beach devastation from drone after Sally
- Law enforcement weighs in on drone flying laws
- West Hartford Fire Department Receives Donation of Light-Equipped Drone
- Police Drones Capture ‘Beautiful And Ugly Truths’ Of Louisville Protests
- The future of fighting crime: police and fire add drones to toolkits
- Cal Poly students use artificial intelligence, drones to ‘forecast’ shark encounters
- New drone video shows landslide that blocked Maine river
- The U.S. Navy Is Going All in on Aircraft Carriers Armed with Drones
- Thai food chain lines up drone delivery – and robotic chefs
- Choctaw Nation Disaster Preparation Includes Drones
- China’s Second-String Drone-Maker Files for $60 Million IPO
- Drone footage shows damage to Three Mile Bridge in Pensacola after Hurricane Sally
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.