Here are today's most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you'd like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Amazon's Ring introduces security camera drone, the Always Home Cam – Ring introduces a new security camera drone, the ‘Always Home Cam' during today's Amazon event. This drone is meant to be flown indoors to keep an eye out for your property and belongings while you're away.
Skyward (Verizon) deploys remote network-connected drone during Big Hollow Wildfire – The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) granted Skyward, A Verizon company, a temporary waiver that allows company pilots to fly the Percepto Sparrow drone from their homes to inspect critical communications infrastructure near the Big Hollow Wildfire in Washington. The waiver permits operations 24 hours a day, with less than 3 miles of visibility, and no pilot or observer on site.
Zègre-Hemsey tests drone delivery of defibrillators in North Carolina – Dr. Jessica Zègre-Hemsey and her team published the results of their drone study in The New England Journal of Medicine (September 17, 2020). The study was supported by a grant from the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NC TraCS), National Institutes of Health, and was a collaboration with UNC School of Public Health, UNC School of Medicine, and North Carolina State University.
COVID response: drone service providers to the rescue – As industries across the globe come to grips with the “new normal” of a COVID-19 challenges, Drone Service Providers (DSP) are launching new levels of innovation across a range of public and commercial sectors.
Skydio adds new talent to growing leadership team – More News about Skydio today as the company adds new talent to its ‘growing leadership team.' The three new hires are all women, which is a welcome addition to a mostly male-dominated Drone Industry.
Skydio 2 and DJI Mavic Air 2 track a motorcycle. Guess who wins. – Ryan Urlacher puts the Skydio 2 and DJI Mavic Air 2 to the test. In this almost 30-minute video, he has both drones following him while he is riding his motorcycle on a dirt road with quite a bit of elevation. Guess which of the two drones does a better job at tracking him.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Propeller's UAS Perspective
- Blue Blocks school files for 5 drone patents
- Berger: Marines ‘Not Giving Up' on Large Ship-Based Drones
- Russia Uses ‘Swarm Of Drones' In Military Exercise For The First Time
- Jailed – the people smuggler who was tracked by drone: Iraqi, 36, was filmed by ‘eye in the sky' unmanned aircraft while he was at the helm of inflatable boat crossing from France
- How Many Cops, Military Vehicles and Drones Does it Take to Pull Over a Woman and Her Chihuahua?
- Winners of the 2020 Drone Awards Show Stunning New Perspectives of Our World
- Angry birds: MLB wants ‘more robust' drone laws after recent aerial incursions
- Eyes in the sky: how the Stafford County Sheriff's Office uses drones while navigating privacy concerns
- Illegal drones ground Oregon aircrafts fighting large wildfires
- Dedrone Introduces Next Generation of Drone Detection Sensor
- Drone Photo Awards 2020: Extraordinary image of shark in heart-shaped school of fish wins top prize
- Drone assists in locating break-and-enter suspects in Trent Hills: OPP
- DHS asks for authority to ‘bring down' rogue drones
- IAI buys 50% of tactical drone co BlueBird
- Why US diplomatic muscle could achieve more in Somalia than drone strikes
- Russia conducts first helicopter drone test at Arctic oil field
- Timelines Project Paints the Lines of Glacier Retreat
- Kentucky-based drone manufacturer makes move to Grand Forks
- Germany halts Iranian purchases of mini-engines for Houthi drones
- Firefighters in California are using more drones
- Drone delivery of terror proving to be a major headache for army-security agencies on the outskirts
Drones on Youtube
In case you were wondering about range with the DJI Smart Controller and the DJI Mavic Air 2. Also shows the sluggish performance of the controller.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.