Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Walmart delivers first COVID-19 test kit by drone in New York – Recently Walmart launched a pilot program that uses drones to deliver COVID-19 test kits in Nevada. This week Walmart delivered the first COVID-19 test kit to a customer in New York.
Bacon delivered by drone to family in Galesburg, Illinois – Well here’s is something you don’t see every day (yet). Bacon delivered by drone, a DJI Phantom 4 drone to be exact. Earlier this month in Galesburg, Illinois a drone delivered a package of bacon to Lacie Ball and her two young boys.
DJI introduces new Ronin Series with RS 2 and RSC 2 gimbals – After many leaked photos and rumors, they are finally here as DJI introduces the new Ronin Series with RS 2 and RSC 2 gimbals. Please find the official press release below.
Autel Evo II Pro RTK and Autel EVO II Dual 640T RTK are on the way – The Autel EVO II Pro RTK and Autel EVO II Dual 640T RTK are on the way. The two drones first showed up in a leaked video on YouKu, and were later confirmed in two updates for the Autel Explorer app.
Leonardo DRS to manufacture Hoverfly’s tethered drones – Leonardo DRS, Inc. announced that it has entered into a strategic partnership with Hoverfly Technologies Inc. (HTI) of Orlando, Florida to manufacture HTI’s line of Tethered Unmanned Aerial Systems (TUAS). The Leonardo DRS Land Systems business in St. Louis, Missouri has since received its first order from Hoverfly valued at over $4 million.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Harpursville Students Work To Earn Drone License
- Shovels break ground at Drone Flying Park
- Want to Smuggle Contraband into Prison? Try a Drone.
- The U.S. Army’s Grand Experiment: Putting Guns on Small Drones
- Drone helps Missouri sheriff’s deputies find missing 93-year-old woman in dark field
- Sheriff’s Office gets drones after all, five months after County Council nixed request
- How drone swarms will defend Britain
- DRONE OPERATOR SAYS LATEST TECHNOLOGY WOULD INCREASE FIREFIGHTING SPEED
- Pandemic cuts VC firm financing of drone makers, but production still expected to triple
- Ziv to be first hospital to transport medical equipment with drones
- Drone footage shows a hidden beach inside a crater in Mexico
- Airgility Hopes That AI Drones Will Lead to Big Profits
- Waco: BU sophomore hopes to capitalize on fascination with drones
- Yes the U.S. Army Wants Even Longer-Range Drones for its Troops
- Drone footage shows ghost ships off the coast of Virginia
- In Review: DJI Mavic Mini
- Underwater drones used to assess damage: Evidence of toxic poisoning in Russia’s Kamchatka
- Could an army of moths build a worldwide sensor network?
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.