Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
DJI Pocket 2 is the smallest stabilized mini 4K camera you can buy from DJI – After leaked photos, rumors, and a date we announced some time ago already, it is now official. DJI releases the DJI Pocket 2, the smallest stabilized mini 4K camera you can buy from DJI. Interestingly, DJI did not go for the DJI OP2 name as they did with the DJI OM4. In this case, they decided to drop the word Osmo from the name. Check it out!
Canadian police find missing Lethbridge man with a DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise drone – Last week Canadian police were able to find a missing Lethbridge man with a DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise drone.
Residents in rural North Carolina will soon get meds delivered by drone – Drug-maker Merck and drone-maker Volansi have teamed up to deliver medication to residents in rural parts of North Carolina.
Drones used to drop contraband and surveil federal prisons – Here are some of the highlights from an interview by Tom Temin from the Federal News Network with Inspector General Michael Horowitz from the Justice Department.
DJI Pocket 2 has an impressive wireless microphone – Today, DJI released the DJI Pocket 2. The successor to the original DJI Osmo Pocket. The new handheld-3-axis stabilized gimbal camera offers a larger sensor, a larger aperture, and a wider field of view. However, maybe one of the most impressive features is the wireless microphone that is part of the DJI Pocket 2 Creator Combo.
Ballard sells drone business to Honeywell – Ballard Power Systems announced that it has sold the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) business assets of its subsidiary located in Southborough, Massachusetts to Honeywell International.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Drone from Upper Karabakh conflict crashes in Iran
- Honoree Pioneers Transport of Donor Organs By Drone
- Ukrainian International Airlines, MAUtechnic and Luftronix Use Drone-Based Scanning for Automated Inspections
- East Great Plain Volunteer Fire Department in Norwich receives donated drone
- Detroit Drone Racing’s youngest pilot ranks fourth globally
- Thermal-imaging drone footage of police response to shooting at homeless camp raises privacy concerns
- Holmdel Emergency Drone in service for missing juvenile
- Lincoln drone company awarded more than $1M in grants
- Chicago Photographer Finds Couple Caught on Camera Under Lincoln Park Statue
- Australia’s ocean patrolling drones and water surveillance project in tender limbo
- uAvionix Files FAA TSO Application for World’s First Certified Drone Transponder
- Israel Aerospace to lease drone to EU coast guard
- Ready to launch: Brookfield student to teach drone pilot program
- Drones to drop seeds to boost koala gum tree numbers after devastating Australia bushfires
- Chicago drone delivery mailbox maker Valqari lands $500K and manufacturing deal from AgEagle
- Seoul to get U.S. drone intelligence system
- USAF Scoping Out Upgrades to Counter-UAS Weapons
- After 4-year-old loses his birthday present, West Seneca Police officer replaces it
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.