Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Drone shoots darts at trees in the name of science – Yes, you’ve read that correctly. A drone that shoots sensor-laden darts at trees, in areas that are too hard or dangerous for humans to enter.
A drone will respond to your 911 call in Brookhaven, GA – Brookhaven in Georgia will use drones to respond to 911 calls and emergencies and to conduct investigations as part of their first responder program. It will be the first city in the southeast to do so.
Wingtra drone enabled Lafayette Police to quickly map destroyed area – Last week, the Lafayette Police department and the Contra Costa County drone team worked with GeoAcuity and Wingtra to use the VTOL Wingtra drone to map thousands of acres in Santa Cruz County that were destroyed during the CZU Fire in California.
DJI support confirms release of Mini 2 in early November – In a video on YouTube, Creative Sparkz shared his conversation with a DJI support rep online, in which it is confirmed that the DJI Mini 2 will be released in early November.
DJI Mini 2 is the ideal travel drone, especially for international trips – Here’s why the DJI Mini 2 is the ideal drone for travel, especially for international trips. And, why you should consider buying one for your next journey.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- AFPM: drones bolstering safety and security
- Raptor-inspired drone with morphing wing and tail
- Hungarian police question journalists for ‘illicit data collection’ after use of drone footage
- The State Department Is Now Warning Of Impending Drone Attacks And How To Survive Them
- DOOSAN MOBILITY GAINS U.S. DOT APPROVAL FOR H2 CYLINDER TANK FOR DRONES
- 360-degree camera drone can depth-map its surroundings with 8K video
- First drone goes flying to the North Pole on a climate mission: Report
- Dramatic footage shows police and drone on scene of a high-risk incident in Lincoln
- KITE is a passenger drone concept designed to connect the cities of the greater bay area
- Mediapro’s Overon Aerial Deploys First-Ever Drone Coverage of LaLiga’s El Clásico
- KDOT Drone technology capability demonstrations held in Rossville
- Feathered drone uses morphing wings and tail to fly like a raptor
- IAI’s Heron family of drones offer effective, proven airborne solutions
- B.C. group hoping to launch flying passenger drones by 2025
- Autonomous Drones Monitor Penguin Colony
- FAA’s Unmanned Aircraft System Remote ID Service Could be Ready This Year
- Workhorse Group submits formal application to FAA for type certification of HorseFly delivery drone
- The U.S. Air Force Has One Word on Its Mind: Drones
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.