Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Autonomous drones count Antarctic penguin colonies in record time – Counting penguins is a difficult job. Research scientists need two full days to map the location of 300,000 nesting pairs of Adélie penguins on Antarctica’s Cape Crozier, using helicopters and hand-flown drones. Additionally, the flight windows for these labor-intense surveys are constrained by harsh temperatures, freezing rain, and snow. Now, with special software and autonomous drones, they can cut down the survey time of wildlife to a mere three hours.
Medical transport drone will make BVLOS test flights between Dutch cities – In the coming months, for the first time in the Netherlands, a medical transport drone will fly over a long distance between two hospitals. These are branches of the Isala hospital in the Dutch cities of Meppel and Zwolle. The aim is to investigate how urgent medical shipments such as blood, medicines, and diagnostic samples can be transported more quickly by drones in the future.
Meet the Beagle Nova, a 4K 60fps FPV drone that weighs less then 250 grams – New Jersey-based, Beagle Drones has started a Kickstarter campaign to fund their latest creation, the Beagle Nova. The Nova is a 4K, 60fps, FPV drone that weighs less than 250 grams and can stay airborne for up to 14 minutes.
Dutch hybrid hydrogen drone makes successful test flight – Researchers affiliated with the Micro Air Vehicle Laboratory (MAVLab) at the technical university in Delft, The Netherlands have successfully conducted a first test flight from a Coast Guard ship with a special hybrid hydrogen drone.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Expect to see a lot more drones in the sky in the coming years
- The Three Business Benefits Of Drones
- Drone show pays respect to the fallen in remembrance light show
- ALTIUS-900, an air-launched, high-endurance drone with 1,000km-range
- Drones beyond your visual line of sight can get the job done
- Funding secured for drone-based delivery of PPE and COVID-19 testing kits in UK
- Nigeria receives China-made armed reconnaissance drones: reports
- Drone taxis and deliveries: Science fiction gets closer to reality in Seoul
- Drone Company Sues For Trademark Infringement Over Hoverfly Mark
- Non-compliance with drone rules could lead to prosecution & $3400 fine
- Solon says PH Coast Guard should have microsatellites, drones
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.