Daily Drone News – Friday November 20, 2020
Here are today's most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you'd like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
COVID-19 test kits might be delivered by drone in Saratoga Springs, NY – The Saratoga Springs City Council approved a proposal from Big Rock Technologies, a finalist in the NATO Innovation COVID Challenge to make the city testing grounds for contactless delivery of COVID-19 test kits and medications by drone.
Man who used drone to spy on ex-girlfriend jailed – In the United Kingdom, a man who used his drone to spy on his ex-girlfriend and her friend has been sentenced to jail for 16 weeks. In addition to his jail sentence, John McDermott, 42, of Birch Court, Connah's Quay, Flintshire, was also banned from owning or using a drone in Holywell and Trelawnyd indefinitely.
DJI Black Friday Sale and Holiday Promotion – Up to 46% off – Here are the DJI Black Friday Sale and Holiday Promotion deals for 2020. A lot of great discounts, making it easy for you to find the perfect gift for a loved one or family member. The Black Friday sale will run from November 20 – 30, 2020 and the Holiday Promotion will run from December 13, 2020, until January 1, 2021.
Hearing on drone-fishing ban in Montana set for December 1st – On December 1 at 10 AM, a public hearing will be held by telephone organized by the Fish and Wildlife Commission to discuss a drone-fishing ban in Montana. The ban would prohibit the use of drones or other remote-controlled devices while fishing.
FBI arrests drone pilot after crashing UAS into LAPD helicopter – This morning, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) arrested a drone pilot from Hollywood on a federal charge alleging that he recklessly operated an unmanned aircraft system (UAS) that crashed into and damaged a helicopter from the Los Angeles Police Department.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- New guide on using drones for conservation
- Turkey to use cargo drones for logistics, with production to begin in 2021
- Dublin teens building a drone that can sanitize large spaces
- China Has Made Drone Warfare Global
- Big Basin redwoods: Drone video shows extent of wildfire over famed state park
- OPPD utilizing drone technology to maintain system reliabilit
- U.S. Navy studies resupplying long-range ship cargo with small UAS
- Drone Delivery Canada continues testing mid-sized drone
- Venezuela Launching Mass Production of Multi-Purpose Drones, Planes, Maduro Says
- Accident not caused by drone, says aircraft association
- When Sharks Turned Up at Their Beach, They Called in Drones
- Drone Racing League Partners With BodyArmor, Champion And Respawn
- University at Buffalo builds massive outdoor drone testing facility
- Phoenix holding company to acquire ‘unicorn' California drone maker
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
If you'd like to stay up to date with all the latest drone News, scoops, rumors, and reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, or…
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.