DJI Pocket 2 received a firmware update that adds HDR video recording capability for an improved dynamic range and a number of audio and user interface improvements to the small 4K handheld gimbal camera from the world’s largest drone maker.
DJI Pocket 2 firmware update – V01.02.00.50
- Date: 2021.01.05
- Firmware: V01.02.00.50
- DJI Mimo App iOS: V1.5.8
- DJI Mimo App Android: V1.5.8
- Added HDR Video for better dynamic range.
- Added Story mode to the touchscreen. Users can choose from a variety of Story videos where the gimbal moves up, down, left, right, clockwise, counterclockwise, or zooms in or out. Connect to DJI Mimo and enter playback to complete the Story videos using AI Editor.
- Added Wireless Mic In/Earphones Out. Make sure an external earphone is connected to the 3.5mm port of the Do-It-All Handle and that Pro is enabled in Video mode. The user will be able to check the wireless audio via the earphone while recording.
- Added Trimmed Download (DJI Mimo of v1.5.8 or later required).
- Added ability to lock the gimbal when using with the Mini Control Stick. Press and hold the right button of the Mini Control Stick to lock the gimbal and press again to unlock.
- Added ability to choose the direction the camera is facing when powering on. Press and hold the Power button to power on with the camera facing the user and press and hold the Function button to power on with the camera facing forward.
- Increased the time that the gimbal stays in position in order to fit it into the cover when powering off.
- Optimized software and anti-interference of the wireless mic.
- Fixed some minor bugs.
- If the update fails, restart DJI Pocket 2 and DJI Mimo and retry.
- Contact DJI Support if the update fails again.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.