Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
DJI DEVELOPS SELF-DRIVING CAPABILITIES WITH LIDAR TECHNOLOGY – According to sources and job posts, Chinese drone maker DJI is working on self-driving capabilities with LIVOX LiDAR technology. Job posts and other sources indicate that the company is building an engineering team to achieve this.
UP TO ONE YEAR IN PRISON FOR DRONE PILOT WHO CRASHED UAV INTO LAPD CHOPPER – The 22-year-old drone pilot who flew his unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) into a Los Angeles Police Department chopper faces up to one year in prison for recklessly operating a drone.
XIAOMI ADDED TO MILITARY BLACKLIST BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION – Consumer electronics company and drone maker Xiaomi has been added to the military blacklist, i.e. a list of companies with suspected ties to the Chinese army, by the Trump administration.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- FlytBase and Hextronics Partner to Revolutionize Aerial Security with DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise
- Precinct 4 Constable’s Office Welcomes Drone Team
- DEC Drones To Search for “Orphaned Wells”
- Drones + lots of droning = sci-fi mess ‘Outside the Wire’
- Betting on aerial drone races; ‘The sky is now the limit’
- How designers are “animating the sky” with drones
- Russia’s Hunter Drone Drops Bomb on Moving Target in Landmark Test
- Maiden test flight proves successful for new drone
- Verizon, UPS, and Skyward announce connected drone delivery
- San Juan College drone program students have variety of career options
- $3 Million Martian ‘Drone With Claws’ Set For Red Planet As NASA Prepares To Make Aviation History
- Malaysian Researchers Build Drone Parts from Pineapple Leftovers
- Upstate testing drone flights to fly COVID test kits
- Bantec’s Drone USA receives purchase orders to supply Atlantic City’s Fire and Emergency Management Department with drones
- Drones for Government Agencies: GSA Limits Procurement List to Blue sUAS
- French forces get new batch of micro-drones for recon missions
- Quantum internet signals beamed between drones a kilometre apart
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.