Daily Drone News – Thursday, January 21, 2021
Here are today's most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you'd like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
MODIFIED APT DRONE TESTED BY BELL IN CANADA – A modified version of the Autonomous Pod Transport (APT) drone is being tested by Bell at its facility Mirabel, Quebec facility in Canada.
SWOOP AERO AND SKYPORTS TO OFFER UK-WIDE DRONE DELIVERY SERVICE – Australian drone-startup Swoop Aero has partnered with Skyports to create a UK-wide drone delivery service to transport urgent medical supplies and test kits to remote locations and help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
AI AND DRONES 10 TIMES FASTER THAN TRADITIONAL CROP WALKING – Artificial Intelligence (AI) and drones are 10 times faster than traditional crop walking methods used by farmers to monitor the growth and health of their plants.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- U.S. Stealth Drone Gets Sensor Pod To ‘See First, Strike First' In Air-To-Air Combat
- Drone passes COVID humanitarian delivery test with flying colors
- FAA approves fully-automated commercial drone flights for the first time
- Jamestown Public Schools adding aviation, drone classes to curriculum
- Russia Is Building Four Special Submarines To Haul Its Weird Doomsday Drone
- Walmart to begin drone delivery pilot this summer
- Drone Delivery Canada Announces Update on Healthcare Projects
- Mysterious ‘Jetpack Guy' Could Actually Be This Weird Mannequin Drone
- Drone system for BVLOS industrial inspections
- New Drones for Exploring Mars are Getting Tested in Iceland
- Ukrainian startup develops low-cost drone interceptor
- 5G-powered drones will soon deliver packages in Florida
- Bell tests modified design of its APT logistics drone in Canada
- Hydrogen Fuel Cell-Powered Drones
- TRIDAR® Solution Stresses Integration, Affordability, Service
- Israeli Autonomous Drones Safeguard Power Grid in Hurricane-Prone Florida
- Chinese UUV Found in Indonesian Waters Not Taken Lightly by Military Expert
- Drone software ‘10 times faster' than traditional crop walking
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
If you'd like to stay up to date with all the latest drone News, scoops, rumors, and reviews follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, or…
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.