Here are today's most important drone News articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you'd like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
DJI Mavic 3 rumored to have optical image stabilization (OIS) – The eagerly awaited DJI Mavic 3 is rumored to have Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) and is now scheduled for September launch after some small issues have been resolved.
DJI interviews drone expert Wiebe de Jager from DroneWatch – Recently, DJI interviewed my good friend, fellow Dutchman, and drone expert, Wiebe de Jager from DroneWatch. Here are the interview and background information on Wiebe's work for the Dutch TV show ‘real Life in the Zoo.'
RCMP drone flew at wrong altitude when it collided with helicopter – The collision between the RCMP drone and helicopter, we reported on recently was caused by the drone flying at the wrong altitude. The FLIR SkyRanger R60 surveillance drone was operated measuring its altitude in meters instead of feet when it collided with the RCMP Air Services AS350 B3 helicopter on February 6th.
Drone with a thermal camera locates canoers in distress – A drone with a thermal camera locates two canoers who were in distress after their vessel began taking on water in Bridgewater, MA.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Defence Against Drone Swarms Emerges From Russian Lab
- SeaBee drone research project launched with grant from Research Council of Norway
- New SoFi Stadium drone footage shows off views of Hollywood Park
- Cloncurry earmarked for drone testing facility
- Drone Specialist Cyberhawk Lands 5-Year Deal with Shell
- Lyfted Media gets off the ground with new COVID-19 disinfecting service
- New Black Lives Matter Mural Painted Overnight In Patterson Park
- Drones the ‘future of medical delivery', says Swoop Aero
- Germany to Ramp Up Drone Detection Tests at Airports Ahead of 2021 Tender
- Coronavirus has prompted ‘quantum leap' in drone technology
- University of Hong Kong – codeveloped automated laser-scanning ‘hunter drone' seeks out fossils
- Drones and divers out as huge search launched for dad who vanished 3 weeks ago
- DHS Used Airplanes and Drones to Surveil Over 15 Cities During Protests
- Authorities ID 35-year-old Illinois man who drowned in Geneva Lake
- Ford's 2021 Bronco And 2021 Bronco Sport Revealed Completely Uncovered During Photoshoot
- A family was hiking in a Florida nature reserve. Then they got lost, and drones went up
- Woman found after getting lost in Brewster
- Watch: Drone captures landslide at Manipur highway, traffic affected
- Fortem Technologies Announces Webinar on Countering Drone Threats
- Drone Sales Surge for Red Cat Holdings
- NATO's new surveillance drone begins test flights over the Mediterranean
- The Arctic Eats Helicopters, So Russia Is Sending Drones Instead
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.