Drone News – Tue June 30, 2020
Here are today's most important drone News articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you'd like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Drone shows 9/11 Memorial unlike you have never seen before! – Now, here's something worth writing about. This Drone Video shows the 9/11 Memorial unlike you have never seen before, without people and from the air. The video was made by Kevin P. Coughlin and Jin-Sup Lee from All Island Aerial for the State of New York. It is definitely worth watching as the drone gives an entirely new perspective on a very well known and sacred landmark.
Autel EVO II Dual with thermal camera. A nice alternative to new ANAFI USA – If Parrot's marketing campaign, which included falsely accusing DJI and taking stabs at Chinese-made drones in general, left you with a foul taste in your mouth, but you are in the market for a Thermal Drone, you might want to consider the M2ED or the Autel EVO II Dual. Check out the performance of this drone in high winds as well as its thermal capabilities.
Parrot CEO Henri Seydoux falsely accuses DJI during ANAFI USA presentation – During the presentation of the ANAFI USA, Parrot's founder and CEO, Henri Seydoux falsely accuses DJI of silently removing some software from the DJI Go app that would feed into a Chinese data intelligence platform. Not only is this a cheap shot, but he got his facts wrong according to DJI. See below for all the details and the response from DJI.
Parrot ANAFI USA – All you need to know – Today Parrot officially launches the ANAFI USA, a new drone that is specifically marketed for First Responders and enterprise professionals. The drone offers 32x zoom, thermal imaging, a much stronger airframe, and advanced Data Security.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Lincoln man now set for sentencing for using drone to try to deliver marijuana to prison
- Drone Light Shows “Way Cooler” Than Fireworks
- Cargo Drones: Canada Proposes to Allow Low Risk BVLOS Operations for Large Drones
- ‘Hunter drone' that flies at night could be used to find gemstone deposits
- Skygauge's innovative tilting rotor drones are up for pre-order, with deliveries in 2021
- The Army is adopting a ‘guaranteed hit' rifle system to blast drones out of the sky
- Drone dropped unknown contraband into Canberra's prison in early June
- Here's Who's In The Running To Build The Royal Air Force's First Loyal Wingman Drones
- Houthi Rocket, Drone Smuggling Ring Eliminated in Yemen
- Drones could be new first line of defence against forest fires, says Concordia researcher 1 July
- S.A. photographer caught ‘once-in-a-lifetime' video of downtown
- Terra Drone awarded inspection contract in Belgium and Netherlands
- Drones to patrol borders
- For the first time, beluga whale spotted off coast of San Diego
Drones on Youtube
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
If you'd like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors, and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or…
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.