Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
NSW Government doubles number of drones to keep people safe from sharks in Australia – In Australia, the New South Wales Government announced a new $8 million strategy to keep people safe from sharks this season. Agriculture Minister Adam Marshall commented that up 80 drones will be used to do so. This is double the number of unmanned aircraft that were used last year.
DJI Mavic 2 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro among the police drones used in Arizona – Here’s a detailed article that describes how popular drones such as the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro are being used as police drones by the local law enforcement and other agencies in Arizona.
Two drones flying during Poeville Fire halted operations for an hour – Two drones that were flying during the Poeville Fire in Nevada halted fire fighting operations for about an hour. This drone incident took place last weekend.
Beluga whale captured by drone off coast of San Diego for the first time – A boat captain spotted a beluga whale and captured the very rare mammal by a drone off the coast of San Diego for the first time. Since drones are becoming less expensive and more capable, amazing wildlife aerial images and footage is captured around the world.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Ultra-Persistent Skydweller Aero Announces Oklahoma City as Headquarters
- “Dial-a-drug” drone service operating at ACT prison, says Giulia Jones
- BSF team rewarded for shooting down drone
- With the help of trained dolphins, our team of researchers is building a specialized drone to help us study dolphins in the wild
- Tupolev To Make First Drone In Decades
- IAI Drone Guard gets guard drones
- Drone footage shows extent of flooding in St. Croix County, Wis.
- Which States Are Embracing Drones: Drones in America
- Lincoln man convicted in plot to deliver drugs to prison by drone
- Dutchess Community College offers online drone course
- Former Alabama Emergency Director Says Drones Save Lives
- LiDAR Mapping Techniques: 3 Keys To Successful Canopy Penetration
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.