Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Note: I will be undergoing surgery on Tuesday (7/7/2020) so expect a little less drone news on DroneXL for the next couple of days. I hope to back 100% soon!
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Near-miss between DJI Phantom drone and a small airplane – Yesterday, somebody shared on social media a clip of a near-miss between a DJI Phantom drone and a small airplane. This post is not about the who, what, where, why, and when, as many of those details are unknown. Neither is it is about being the drone Police. This article is about emphasizing the importance of safe and responsible drone flying, situational awareness, and keeping your drone within visual-line-of-sight, among other things, so that we can keep enjoying our hobby or profession and prevent dangerous situations like the one shown in this video.
Drones guide narco jets to illegal airstrips in Guatemalan rainforest – People keep finding new use cases for drones. Over the last few years, we have seen drone pilots collect whale snot and herd sheep with help from unmanned aircraft. But, did you know that drones are now also used to guide cocaine-laden narco jets to illegal airstrips in a Guatemalan rainforest? Yes, apparently that’s a thing now as well.
Drone gets real close to the 4th of July fireworks – Every year, we see many amazing Drone Photos and videos of fireworks. From high up in the sky, you get a whole new perspective, and you can get a lot closer to the action. Maybe a little to close at times! Check out this photo that was posted on social media from a drone that gets real close to the 4th of July fireworks.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- FAA Selects Team to Create UTM Contingency Management Platform at Griffiss International Airport
- Police, army and drones to be used at Victoria-NSW crossings
- Drone video: Painting for Breonna Taylor in Annapolis
- Hundreds of drones light up Seoul sky with virus messages
- Emesent launches Hovermap SLAM module for M300
- Russia’s ‘Stealthy Heavy Attack’ Drone Is Coming
- Drone footage shows mountain of rotting waste on former airfield as petition launched to get it cleared
- Robot ‘bionic’ birds fly by flapping wings just like their feathered cousins
- Drone footage reveals fresh landslide near beach where rocks as big as houses tumble into the sea
- Police appeal after near-miss between aircraft and drone in Perth
- Amazing drone footage of orcas
- Help from the sky
- Africa slow to develop flexible drone regulations for healthcare
- NEW PARKS RULES WOULD REQUIRE FAA CERTIFICATE TO OPERATE DRONES IN DESIGNATED AREAS
- Seeing the world from a new perspective – thanks to drone
- Israel Unveils Airspace-Compliant Big Drone
- Lakes Country gets drone flying park, veterans tribute
- South Korean drone display reminds watchers to wash hands and wear masks
Drones on Youtube
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.