Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Skydio launches Skydio X2 commercial drone and raises $100 million – Redwood-based, Skydio has some big news today. First, the US drone maker launches the Skydio X2 commercial drone, which comes in two versions the Skydio X2D and X2E. Second, the company announces new software solutions. And, lastly, the US drone maker raises $100 million to expand their business.
Machete teenagers arrested in the UK with help of a drone – With the help of a drone, two teenage machete suspects were arrested in Dudley in the UK last month. Local police have praised the assistance of police Drone Technology, as it has helped to arrest almost 100 suspects, since being put to use last October.
Intermap announces contract with Zipline to deliver geospatial elevation-as-a-service – In a press release, Intermap announced a contract with Zipline to deliver geospatial elevation-as-a-surface to support their expanding medical operations in Africa, including on-demand emergency response to COVID-19 outbreaks.
Drone photos of Vermont show transcendence and tranquility – Today, Drone Photos of Vermont show transcendence and tranquility. The aerial photos were taken by Caleb Kenna and were published in the NY Times in a series that is dedicated to showing you the world while Coronavirus travel restrictions may keep you at home. The featured photo that was taken at the Sugar Hill Reservoir in Goshen, Vt. shows a photographer holding what seems to be a DJI Mavic 2 controller. Could this be an aerial self-portrait of Caleb?
US drone companies receive millions in recovery funds from the Department of Defense – US Drone Companies receive millions in recovery funds from the Department of Defense. On Friday, the department announced that it will issue US$84.4 million in funding through the Defense Production Act to small drone makers, shipbuilders, and a space company. Skydio is one of the companies that benefitted from the financial injection.
Drone video helps to identify and save hawks’ nest – In River Heights, Utah, a tenant warned the tree-cutting crew that high up in the dead Ponderosa pine tree there was a birds’ nest. Property owner, David Johnson used his unmanned aircraft to take a peak. The drone footage helped to identify and save the hawks’ nest.
Six thermal drones used to search for Seoul Mayor Park Won-soon – Several neighborhoods in Seoul were searched for Mayor Park Won-soon by more than 770 police and fire department officers, aided by nine dogs, and six thermal drones.
AgEagle Aerial Systems moves to Wichita, Kansas to expand manufacturing facilities – In a press release, AgEagle Aerial Systems said the company will move to Wichita, Kansas to locate and expand its manufacturing facilities.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- This Drone Maker Is Swooping In Amid US Pushback Against DJI
- Drone industry flies higher as COVID-19 fuels demand for remote services
- Yemeni Houthis say they hit Saudi oil facility in drone, missile attack
- The Troy Lions Club was recently given a drone demonstration by the Miami County Sheriff’s Office
- Q&A: UN’s Agnes Callamard on drone strike that killed Soleimani
- Canada’s Secret Cold War Submarine Drone Is Still Relevant Today
- Concerns About Chinese Made Drones Could Drive the Commercial Drone Industry to New Heights
- Secret General Atomics Drone Flights Over San Diego Raise Surveillance Concerns
- Drone on the Farm: As Rainfall Becomes Scarce, Farmers Irrigate Crops Via Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Drones Are About to Have Their Moment
- Why police were using drones in early hours of the morning in Bulwell street
- Drone photos: Norwalk beach reaches capacity
- Machete suspects arrested in Dudley thanks to drone technology
- Quantum-Systems And Pix4D Announce Official Partnership
- Drone Flyover Shows Dodger Stadium Renovation Completed
Drones on Youtube
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.