Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
RTCA special committee is working on small drone detection standard – A Radio Technical Commission for Aeronautics (RTCA) subcommittee is developing a standard for detecting small drones around airports. These standards will help potential buyers of counter-drone or drone security systems know if the detection equipment will perform as intended and meet the set requirements.
AiRXOS launches new unmanned aircraft systems solution for energy industry – AiRXOS launches a new unmanned aircraft systems solution for the energy industry. GE Aviation’s all-in-one solution enables comprehensive operational oversight for safe, scalable, repeatable commercial UAS operations.
Drone Deuce’s deliveries might start as soon as next month – Drone Deuce‘s deliveries by drone from a Buffalo Wild Wings store in Mobile, AL might start as soon as next month. It would represent a massive leap forward for the drone startup that aims to help local brick-and-mortar stores to compete with the likes of Amazon.
NASA Government Invention of the Year 2020 goes to UTM – Today, NASA announces the winners of its 2020 Invention and Software of the Year Awards. The agency has created two categories and one of them, the ‘Government Invention of the Year’ goes to the invention of NASA’s patented Unmanned Aircraft System Traffic Management developed by a team at the agency’s Ames Research Center in Silicon Valley, California.
DJI Mavic 2 Pro and Ronin S used to create this Surf Portugal video – A DJI Mavic 2 Pro and a Ronin S gimbal were used to create this Surf Portugal video that was uploaded to YouTube by DJI for their DJI Creator series.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- How artificial intelligence (AI) could help infantry warfighters make better decisions during combat
- RAF to trial unmanned aircraft from Royal Navy carriers
- ENERGY DRONE & ROBOTICS VIRTUAL SUMMER SUMMIT AGENDA
- Armenia says it shot down Azerbaijani drone as fierce border clashes continue into third day (VIDEO) — RT World News
- Drone captures man with horrible sunburn swimming next to stingrays
- Drone footage shows a great white shark drowning a 33ft humpback whale off South Africa
- Police Use Drones To Check For Nudity On Twin Cities Beach
- Parrot Partners with WISeKey to Define the Future of Drone Security
- Countering Drones Phase 2 competition gains extra funding
- U.S. pushes homegrown drone industry amid China battle
Drones on Youtube
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.