Daily Drone News – Monday July 20, 2020
Here are today's most important drone News articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you'd like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Flying Pictures introduces the Ultra, ‘the world's most powerful drone' – UK-based, Flying Pictures introduces the new Ultra, ‘the world's most powerful drone.' This new drone has been developed with all the lessons learned during 10 years of experience shooting drone footage, the company says.
Only way to get toilet paper was by Wing drone during coronavirus pandemic – In Christiansburg, VA, the only way to get toilet paper was by Wing drone during the Coronavirus pandemic, says Kelly Passek. After signing up in October of last year, Passek has had her shopping delivered weekly by an unmanned aircraft from Wing.
Aeras Fog Company developed an electrostatic drone that disinfects stadiums in three hours – Aeras Fog Company from Wexford developed an electrostatic drone that can disinfect entire stadiums in three hours. The drone uses electrostatic technology to quickly and safely sanitize large public spaces so that concerts and sporting events might become feasible in this new time of the coronavirus.
Skydio 2 will get Superzoom, Precision Mode and Vertical View confirms Skydio – In a tweet last Friday, Skydio confirmed that the Skydio 2 will get Superzoom, Precision Mode, and Vertical View as well. More details will be announced at a later point in time.
PG&E conducts power line inspections with drones and helicopters – Similarly to Southern California Edison, PG&E conducts powerline inspections with drones and helicopters as well. The updated System Inspections Program is currently underway in Mendocino, Humboldt, and Lake counties using drones and helicopters along electric transmission lines.
DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual assists in water rescue of man and three children – A DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual assisted in the water rescue of man and three children. The four people were successfully rescued from the James River by First Responders on Tuesday. #dronesforgood
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Okotoks drone company gets unique license from Transport Canada
- Deputies Use Drones To Save Money, Lives
- Online health exam with drone delivering drugs a first in Japan
- UK orders first three Protector drones from General Atomics
- Proposed Special Condition Light UAS
- Avidian Gold Commences Drone Magnetic Survey and Helicopter LiDAR Survey at Amanita and Fish Creek Properties near Fairbanks, Alaska
- Drone footage shows former copper mine turning river orange
- Using drones to reduce disease-spreading mosquito populations
- FAA In The Dark About Drone Swarm Sightings
- Orfordness Lighthouse: Drone captures start of deconstruction work
- Researchers say drone technology will change the face of last-mile logistics
- Police break down door, use drone and stinger during chase
- Revealed: How Turkey ramped up Libyan drone attacks to escalate conflict
- European GNSS Agency launches MyGalileoDrone contest
- South Bay Congresswoman Demands Federal Agencies Stop Using Aeriel Drones to Monitor Protesters
- MEDICAL DRONES MARKET TO SET PHENOMENAL GROWTH BY 2027
- $86M Drug Haul In Kadavu, Possible Through Drones
- THE HARDEST DECISION YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE
- Epirus, a venture-backed startup, inks deal with Northrop for counter-drone tech
- Wildfire burns over 991 acres in Pine Mountain Wilderness
- Israel Is Slowly Become a Drone Superpower
- RADA announces $8m worth in new orders since June
- Workhorse Announces Closing of $70 Million Financing from Institutional Investor
- Drone Footage Shows Australian Homes Close to Collapse Due To Coastal Erosion
- Experts say boosting home-grown drone industry will generate millions of jobs
- Noida will use drones to map land in 300 villages
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
If you'd like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors, and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or…
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.