Daily Drone News – Thursday July 23rd, 2020
Here are today's most important drone News articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you'd like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Security weakness found in DJI drones, according to the NY Times – This morning, the NY Times featured an article on their home page that is titled, “Popular Chinese-made drone is found to have security weakness. Of course, the article is specifically about DJI drones that are found to have Data Security issues.
FIXAR drone approved for advanced flights in Canada – Transport Canada has approved FIXAR's revolutionary drone design for flights in Canada, meaning the FIXAR can start flying missions in controlled airspace and near people – opening the skies to commercial and industrial clients.
Forget DJI Aeroscope as AI may be able to pinpoint drone pilot's location – Forget DJI's Aeroscope and other drone tracking applications, as Artificial Intelligence (AI) may be all that is needed to pinpoint a drone pilot's location.
Public invited to share thoughts on police drone use in Douglas County, MN – The public has been invited to share their thoughts on Police drone use in Douglas County, Minnesota. The comment period is to take place on August 4th, during the County Board meeting.
Christchurch gunman flew a drone over mosque weeks before March 15 shooting – The Christchurch mosque gunman could have been planning his attack weeks, including a flyover with a drone, before the March 15 shooting, police have admitted, according to an exclusive article from NewHub.
DJI Mavic Pro explores K2 mountain, delivers medicine and rescues climber from Broad Peak – This video from Red Bull is amazing as it shows in detail how a DJI Mavic Pro drone helps to explore the dangerous K2 mountain, deliver medication and radio batteries to a camp high on the mountain, and plays a crucial role in the rescue of a Scottish climber on Broad Peak
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- New Turkish drone ‘Alesta' ready to fly
- Flapping drone can fly, dart and hover like a bird
- Greece will build advanced drones with “swarm” function
- SkyOp LLC Launches Enterprise Drone Consultancy
- Drone Inspired by Fastest Bird Is a Mix of a Paraglider, Airplane and Helicopter
- Less toy, more workhorse: Drones get functional
- Russia Prepares Robot Tank For Fighting Drones
- Using Autonomous Drones in the Power Sector [PODCAST]
- Underwater armada: US Navy eyes drone wolf packs
- Protecting farmland bird nests with drones and AI
- New Zealand-made planes turned into Chinese military drones
- Close call: Report reveals drone almost hit plane carrying 455 passengers
- Drone footage shows Northland farmland inundated in floodwater days after massive deluge
- Watch This Drone Operator Get Bodied by a Horse
- Kespry's Drone-Based Aerial Intelligence Platform Helps The Shelly Company Increase Mine Planning and Inventory Management Accuracy
- Amey tries pothole hunting with drones
- AI in the sky to help stop rhino poachers
- Alliance for Drone Innovation Launches Drone Operator Insight Series
- Defining What a Virtual Event Should Be for the Commercial Drone Industry
- Zipline delivers 79,800 medical products via drone
- Kelso man arrested in Castle Rock after several-hour search with drones, dogs
- Boeing completes autonomous flight test trifecta
- Chinese drone companies are actually in the business of ‘data arbitrage': Indian drone maker ideaForge
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
If you'd like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors, and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or…
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.