Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Audi uses autonomous drones to increase efficiency at Neckarsulm facility – Audi uses autonomous drones to increase efficiency at the Neckarsulm facility in Germany. The new unmanned aircraft will be used to save time and to make the dispatch process more efficient and easier.
Counter-drone systems tested by Department of Homeland Security to thwart drug smugglers – The Department of Homeland Security is testing counter-drone systems under authority granted in a 2018 law reauthorizing the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) partially to thwart drug smugglers and other criminal organizations at the border.
Hamden PD plans to buy DJI Matrice 300 RTK with coronavirus-related grant money – The Hamden Police Department in Connecticut is planning to use coronavirus-related grand money to purchase PPE, cleaning supplies, a storage shed, and… a drone. They plan to buy a DJI Matrice 300 RTK to be precise.
How do you hide from surveillance drones? – Here’s an interesting article about how to hide from surveillance drones. In case, you’re wondering why this might be useful information, just think of the Department of Homeland Security drone that monitored BLM protesters or the Draganfly drone that measured people’s temperatures and looked for other coronavirus symptoms.
New South Wales prison officials thwart drone drug drop at Cessnock jail – In New South Wales, Australia prison officials allegedly thwarted a drone drug drop at Cessnock jail. The contraband has an estimated value of AU$100,000.
Emergency responder’s drone helps locate body of drowned man in Mahwah Lake, NJ – An emergency responder’s drone helps to locate the body of a drowned man in Mahwah Lake, NJ. On Monday afternoon the Bergen County Sheriff’s Office has yet to release his identity.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Chinese-made drone app in Google Play spooks security researchers
- Wright-Patterson oversees Skyborg drone project
- Engineers Create Strange Four-Winged Flapping Drones Inspired by Bird Wings
- The pandemic is making autonomous delivery the new normal
- New Technology Could End Drone Disruption At European Airports
- Spanish drone maker launches microdrones as a service platform
- Island County Sheriff’s Office: Drone won’t leave resident alone
- Turkish-made detector drones ready to enter Greek army inventory
- Engineers Develop Nature-Inspired Drones with Four Wings That Flap
- Protective face shields made with help of Prime Air drone engineers now for sale at cost on Amazon
- AirMap Parts Ways with CEO David Hose, Initiates Search for New Chief Executive
- Couple missing, four held as drone finds daughter’s body in Hartswater
- FCC FINES HOBBY KING ALMOST $3 MILLION FOR ILLEGAL DRONE TRANSMITTERS
- UNH says drones & multispectral pictures *can* see the forest for the trees
- China donates high-tech drones to help Pakistan combating locusts
- DroneShield awarded with Base Defense contract by the U.S. Air Force
- Search underway in Grand Bay after tip in Brittney Wood case
- Texas stadiums turn to drones to help fight COVID-19
- DroneShield Tests DroneSentinel At European Airport, Reports Successful Deployment
- Hiker missing near the Three Apostles
- Duke Robotics Presents TIKAD Combat Drone Equipped with Innovative Stabilization Technology
- Israeli Video Gives Glimpse Of ‘Spiderman’ Urban Assault Drone
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.