Here's an interesting article about how to hide from surveillance drones. In case, you're wondering why this might be useful information, just think of the Department of Homeland Security drone that monitored BLM protesters or the Draganfly drone that measured people's temperatures and looked for other Coronavirus symptoms.
How do you hide from surveillance drones?
Martin LaMonica writes for The Conversation that:
…it's time to think about how many eyes are in the sky and how to avoid unwanted aerial surveillance. One way that's within reach of nearly everyone is learning how to simply disappear from view.
- The first thing you can do to hide from a drone is to take advantage of the natural and built environment. Trees, walls, alcoves andtunnels are more reliable than the weather, and they offer shelter from the high-flying drones used by the Department of Homeland Security.
- The second thing you can do is minimize your digital footprints.
- The third thing you can do is confuse a drone. Placing mirrors on the ground, standing over broken glass, and wearing elaborate headgear, machine-readable blankets or sensor-jamming jackets can break up and distort the image a drone sees.
- The fourth, and most practical, thing you can do to protect yourself from drone surveillance is to get a disguise.
- These innovations are alluring, butumbrellas may prove to be the most ubiquitous and robust tactic in this list.
You can read the entire article about how to hide from surveillance drones here.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
Copyright © DroneXL.co 2023. All rights reserved. The content, images, and intellectual property on this website are protected by copyright law. Reproduction or distribution of any material without prior written permission from DroneXL.co is strictly prohibited. For permissions and inquiries, please contact us here.
FTC: DroneXL.co is an Amazon Associate and uses affiliate links that can generate income from qualifying purchases. We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email.