Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
DJI’s response to Synacktiv’s ‘inaccuracies and misleading statements’ about DJI Pilot app – Yesterday, we saw the report from French security research firm Synacktiv claiming that the DJI Pilot app for Google’s Android platform would have similar security flaws as the DJI Go 4 app. We had reached out to DJI for a response and we heard back from them early Wednesday morning. You can read DJI’s response to Synacktiv’s ‘inaccuracies and misleading statements’ about the security flaws in the DJI Pilot app below.
DJI Mavic 3 delayed ‘until Trump is gone’ says source inside DJI – The DJI Mavic 3 will be delayed ‘until Trump is gone’ says a source inside DJI. This is the information we have received today from one of the sources that we’ve worked with for a long time. Furthermore, this breaking news comes from very high within the Chinese DJI organization. Update: see the official response from DJI below.
MLB game delayed because rogue DJI Mavic 2 hovered over the field – On Tuesday, a Major League Baseball game between the Twins and Pirates in Minneapolis was delayed for nine minutes when a rogue DJI Mavic 2 flew over the Target Field.
HAPSMobile expands test flight operations at New Mexico’s Spaceport America – Last week at Spaceport America in New Mexico, test flights of a solar-powered high-altitude platform system (HAPS) were conducted. HAPSMobile officials said that additional test flights are planned for Lanai as part of a plan to bring internet connectivity to rural areas worldwide.
Drone video shows damaged Sea Cabin Pier in Cherry Grove – A drone video shows the damaged Sea Cabin Pier in Cherry Grove, South Carolina. The pier was damaged by Hurricane Isaias as it moved through the area on Monday night.
Parrot expands partnership with Dronisos using the ANAFI platform – Parrot has been in the news recently for ending their consumer drone offering, going after DJI by saying that you can’t trust Chinese-made drones as part of their ANAFI USA marketing campaign, and for having their PR Firm push data security reports to the foreground that DJI says contain ‘inaccuracies and misleading statements.’ In the midst of all this, Parrot announces that they will expand their partnership with Dronisos and use the ANAFI platform to do so.
Drones used to capture Mexico’s drug boss ‘El Marro’ – Drones were used to capture one of Mexico’s top drug bosses, who never slept at the same location for two nights in a row. After receiving a tip, Mexican authorities monitored four houses for 72 hours before launching the raid that led to the capture of ‘El Marro.’
Phantom 4 Pro firmware update released by DJI – v01.00.52.00 – The Phantom 4 Pro and Pro+ V2.0 receive a new firmware update from DJI. This is version v01.00.20.00 which increases the transmission distance to 6 miles for the FCC version in the US and up to 3.75 miles for the rest of the world. Furthermore, the firmware update optimizes the ‘IQ parameter of camera to improve camera image quality.’ Please let us know what your experience is after updating your Phantom 4 drone.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Police arrest Delaware County man for returning to North Apollo home from which he was banned after assault
- ‘Like Live Google Earth With DVR’: US Exploring Spy Drone Upgrade to Watch Entire Cities at Once
- Police: Officers discover deadly crash while on patrol in Spring Township
- Beirut: Drone video shows devastation of explosion
- How to Manage Drones in Surviving Mars (The Easy Way)
- Warehouse innovation: Drones reduce human interaction during Covid
- CMU researchers train autonomous drones using cross-modal simulated data
- Vermilion farmers take to the skies with drone-farming classes
- Drone Rescue of Beluga Whale in the Arctic Sea
- Now Russia Wants Its First Okhotnik Combat Drone In Service By 2024
- U.S. prosecutors do not charge Portland protesters with antifa ties
- Volansi Signs Teaming Agreement with N.C. Department of Transportation
- Photos after explosion: Beirut is shattered, dust-covered city
- Child Found Dead In Montco Is Missing Girl, Eliza Talal: Police
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.