Here are today’s most important drone News articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
U.S. to purge ‘untrusted’ Chinese apps from U.S. networks – Good morning! Here’s the next step in the ongoing trade war between the United States and China. The Trump administration said on Wednesday that it is stepping up efforts to purge ‘untrusted’ Chinese apps from U.S. digital networks, according to Reuters. TikTok and WeChat were labeled as ‘significant threats.” These steps will likely affect the DJI and Autel apps that you can find in Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play Store as well.
New DJI Fly app released by Chinese drone maker – Version 1.1.6 – DJI released a new version of their DJI Fly App for Apple’s iOS devices. This is now version 1.1.6 and it brings a few improvements. The app is used to remotely control DJI drones such as the Mavic Mini and the Mavic Air 2.
DJI updates DJI Go and DJI Go 4 app. Possibly in response to Synacktiv report? – Not only did DJI just update the DJI Fly app, but the Chinese drone maker also updated the DJI Go and DJI Go 4 App. The company does not provide a lot of information about the new versions other than saying it ‘fixes crashes and improves stability,’ which is a standard line that the drone maker uses. It makes you wonder, even though the issues were focussed on the Android versions of the app, did DJI just update the apps in response to Synacktiv’s reports?
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Drones will be patrolling the streets of Perth very soon!
- Drone captures whales swimming close to surfers in Sydney
- Lockdown lifting could see rise in distraction burglaries in Kent including potential use of drones
- Drones conduct automated inspections at Cranfield Airport
- Brazil’s modernist palaces could soon be disfigured by anti-drone systems
- Researchers test flapping wing ornithopter drone
- WA Police drones: fleet of more than 40 drones to patrol metropolitan and regional WA
- AUSTRALIA INVESTS $1.3BN IN NEW DRONE DEFENCE PROGRAM
- Drone footage shows man jumping from window in Matlock drug raid
- U.S. Senators Plan Measure to Block Many Foreign Drone Sales
- Man pleads guilty, fined $125 for flying drone into Snyder County silo opening
- Saudi coalition says it shot down Houthi drone heading for kingdom
- Israeli drone ordered by Swiss army crashes during test flight
- Drone footage shows the scale of destruction in Beirut
- Top drone manufacturer lands in Wichita
- Fact check: Video does not show a drone bombing Beirut
- Lawmakers Aim to Prevent Trump From Bypassing Ban on Armed Drone Sales
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.