Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Mysterious DJI drone photo shared on Twitter. Possible DJI FPV drone? – A heavily scrambled photo of a mysterious DJI drone was just shared on Twitter by OsitaLV. It is hard to make out exactly what kind of unmanned aircraft this will be but there are some clues. Could this be a new DJI FPV drone? Update: biggest clue might be that the barely visible prop seems to have three blades, which would make it highly likely to be a new DJI FPV drone.
New DJI Mavic Air 2 features improve cinematic capabilities and obstacle avoidance – New DJI Mavic Air 2 features improve the cinematic capabilities and offer new obstacle avoidance options on DJI’s latest drone. These features are not available to all users unfortunately and it is somewhat unclear as to why that is. I have them on my DJI Mavic Air 2, so let’s take a closer look.
Litchi for Mavic Mini in beta-testing. DJI Mavic Air 2 needs DJI SDK update – On June 15th, we wrote that Litchi would likely be available for the DJI Mavic Mini and the Mavic Air 2 later this summer. We thought now would be a good time to check in with the app developer and see where things stand. Currently, Litchi for the Mavic Mini is in beta-testing and they’re waiting for DJI to update the Mavic Air 2 SDK.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Spy storm at Bayern Munich training as police investigate after a DRONE flies over their final session before facing Chelsea…
- A Cape Town school will now host a virtual open day using drones
- UAH gets $1.1M grant to lead drone disaster preparedness research
- 22 arrested, facing federal charges after violent protests at federal courthouse in Portland – Richard Lindstet, 33, is charged with operating a drone in restricted airspace.
- Drone captures whales swimming close to surfers in Sydney
- NASA drone to embark on 30-day earth observation flights
- Australia CASA Asks For Help Finding Sydney Airport Drone Pilots
- Drone shows aftermath of building fire near downtown Fort Wayne
- Japan to ban unauthorized drone flights over 15 U.S. military sites
- Marc Cain SS21 Show: Marc Cain Says The Sky Is The Limit With A Drone-Filmed Fashion Show
- Automated drones check social distancing in Singapore
- Dutch startup Skytools bags funding from Japanese firm Terra Drone to build largest drone hub
- Remote Identification is essential technology for safe integration of drones into airspace
- Terra Drone Invests In Dutch Drone Solution Provider Skytools
- Cambridge to purchase drone
- Hot Air Balloon Festival inflates program to five socially distanced days, adds WarCo Community College drone demos
- U.S. Transportation Secretary Elaine L. Chao Announces $3.3M in Seven Drone Grants to Universities
- Drone footage of Isaias damage from Skyhawk 12
- How Vulnerable Is G.P.S.?
- Taiwan’s development of ‘Teng Yun’ drone on schedule
- UK conducts first manned-unmanned drone flight
- SpearUAV unveils Ninox family of encapsulated drones
- IDF continues investigation into suspected drone shoot down
- Police: Man charged after drone crash
- Has Iraq failed to control drone movement?
- Drone harvesting? Yes you can!
- Harness Acquires Continuous Integration Pioneer Drone.io and Commits to Open Source
- Israeli army claims downing drone from Lebanon
- Drone Sightings Data: The Truth About What the Reports Show
- Russia Seeks Lead Over U.S. With Accelerated Stealth Drone Program
- Will Israel Buy $50k Wearable Anti-Drone Vests?
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.