Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
DJI factory tour: production DJI Mavic 2 shown in leaked video – Earlier today, a newly leaked video appeared on Twitter, showing parts of the production of the DJI Mavic 2 drone. A behind-the-scenes, short, DJI factory tour, if you will.
Update: DJI spokesperson Xie Tiandi, who promised us ‘huge surprises‘ earlier this year, released the video on Weibo, saying:
“For the first time in the 14 years since its establishment, DJI disclosed the actual production and manufacturing of the factory. You can see the highly automated assembly and testing process from the video. In October last year, DJI President Luo Zhenhua disclosed at the “2019 National Quality Benchmark” award ceremony that DJI’s factories implemented a self-developed information system DJI Smart Solution to improve the automation and intelligence level of the entire manufacturing process.”
DJI drives the future of commercial drones at AirWorks 2020 – DJI drives the future of commercial drones at AirWorks 2020 with new sensors and systems that enable drone solutions for the coronavirus era.
Shell and DJI partner to innovate drone technology for the energy industry – Shell and DJI partner to innovate drone technology for the energy industry. The 2,300-acre Shell Deer Park Refinery provides a complex testbed for aerial inspections and incident response.
DJI Airworks 2020 virtual event kicks off today – As a result of the coronavirus pandemic, DJI Airworks 2020 will be an online-only, virtual experience this year. The DJI event starts today at 12 p.m. and will run until Friday, August 28th. Be sure to register and participate or follow the coverage here on DroneXL!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Drone That Could Replace Army’s RQ-7 Shadow Undergoes Testing at Yuma
- Anti-drone tech tests lined up for local airports
- Open source: Can a Red Hat for drones unseat China’s DJI?
- Why We Need To Protect Ourselves From Drones
- UC Drone Center Takes on Training and Safety with State Transportation Agency
- Police drone takes to the air to help keep the public safe
- North America Expected to be the Fastest Growing Market for Safety and Security Drones
- Resurfaced Image Shows Man Happily Posing for a Selfie Beside a Crashed Military Drone
- New drone on the block: Parrot’s ANAFI USA
- ‘We just can’t have people dropping things into our penitentiaries with drones,’ judge says
- New Features of Firebird Drone Exposed
- Brandon Valley High football team using drone to elevate practices
- Drone video of under-construction Seven Tower Bridge and riverfront
- Drone video shows where remains of Christie Wilson were found
- Drone and dogs track down Sudbury teen who fled police on motorcycle
- Reforesting With Drones After Wildfires
- AirMap’s New Business Unit, AirMap Defense Group, Supplying Mission-Critical Technologies to the US Department of Defense
- Rare nesting Ospreys may not return to a North Wales site because of disruption from reality TV filming
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.