Daily Drone News – Wednesday August 26, 2020
Here are today's most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you'd like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
New DJI OM 4 smartphone stabilizer helps you capture those magnetic moments! – Capture magnetic moments with the new DJI OM 4 smartphone stabilizer. The OM 4 makes the most of your smartphone camera with a sleek folding design, new intelligent features, and a novel magnetic phone attachment. The DJI OM 4 can be purchased today from authorized retailers, partners, and DJI for the retail price of $150.
Drone startup Easy Aerial raises $6.15M in Series A funding – Easy Aerial, a leading provider of autonomous drone-based monitoring solutions for commercial, government, and military applications, announced today that it has successfully raised $6.15M in Series A funding.
460-pound drone flown by Arkansas Army National Guard crashed in Lavaca – During a training exercise, a 460-pound military drone flown by Arkansas Army National Guard crashed in Lavaca city limits on Tuesday.
Drone line-of-sight waiver for public safety announced by FAA – The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) announced that public safety organizations that use drones can now apply for a waiver that allows the fly the unmanned aircraft beyond-visual-line-of-sight (BVLOS).
FLIR Systems introduces Vue TZ20 dual thermal camera drone payload – FLIR Systems introduces the Vue TZ20 dual thermal camera drone payload. A plug-and-play gimbal system for the DJI Matrice 200 Series and Matrice 300 offers high-definition FLIR thermal imaging with zoom capabilities to improve situational awareness.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Aquatic drone drops its camera to look for fish
- UC Drone Center Takes on Training and Safety with State Transportation Agency
- Normally unheard and unseen, a Predator drone is now on display
- Turkey's New Akinci Drone Is Impressive, But It's No Substitute For Modern Fighter Jets
- US Air Force issues $90M contract for counter-drone systems and support
- How U.S. Navy Plans To Foil Massive ‘Super Swarm' Drone Attacks
- Army Researchers Develop Breakthrough Sensors For Small Drones
- Open source: Can a Red Hat for drones unseat China's DJI?
- Aviation industry member questions CAA report on drones
- Man sentenced for using drone to deliver drugs to prison
- Pentagon successfully tested a second Gremlins drone
- FAA Announces Drone Line-of-Sight Waiver for Public Safety
- Drone to help in Cheshire police's fight against crime
- Drone technology reveals surprising sea lion colonies off the Great Australian Bight
- Poladrone unleashes the Oryctes agricultural spot precision drone
- Ten companies to develop helicopter-launched drones for U.S. Army
- Police use ‘game-changing' new drone to track down missing man
- Drones find coal fires in China
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
If you'd like to stay up to date with all the latest drone News, scoops, rumors, and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or…
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.