Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Drone Express is testing drone delivery service in Springfield, Ohio – Drone Express is testing its drone delivery service in Springfield, Ohio. The drone delivery company is a division of the New Jersey-based, high-tech logistics company Telegrid.
FAA approval for Amazon Prime Air drone delivery fleet – Finally, approval from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for the Amazon Prime Air drone delivery fleet. The approval designates Amazon Prime Air as an ‘air carrier’ and provides the company with broad privileges to ‘safely and efficiently deliver packages to customers,’ the FAA said.
Trump ban on Chinese-made drone parts increases risk wildfires – According to an internal memo, the U.S. Department of the Interior’s decision not to buy more drones with Chinese parts has made it more difficult to fight wildfires. The memo exposes one consequence of the Trump administration’s crackdown on Chinese tech, which includes Chinese-made drone parts.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- How fear-based regulations hurt the drone industry: Brendan Schulman, DJI
- Equinor Completes World First Drone Operation
- Eye in the sky: how drone technology is transforming film-making
- Hilton Fire Department takes to the skies with drone technology
- British Army drone used against the Taliban will monitor the English Channel for migrant boats
- Mexican cartel using weaponized drones in drug wars to take out rivals
- Model airplane, helicopter and drone club to host exhibition event Sept. 6
- Beefalo still loose in Plymouth as police launch drone to aid in search, but owner now says the animal will not be slaughtered
- Drone, helicopter, divers to be deployed when search for missing man continues
- Drone spies 1.3km anomaly at Metalicity’s (ASX:MCT) Kookynie Gold Project
- All About Drones..Curious Join Us!
- NHS trials emergency drone deliveries of medical supplies on the Isles of Scilly
- Drones Help Insurance Companies Check Windstorm Damage in Iowa
- Unregistered drone owners risk six-month jail term, says TCAA
- Gulf Coast State College is selected by the Federal Aviation Administration for drone program
- Researchers Use Amateur Drone Videos for Post-Disaster Assessment
- An ultra-high-dive perspective into pools
- Drones to be used at Byron Bay as part of beach safety
- URI researchers track groundwater discharges into salt ponds
- Argument Breaks Out After Planning Authority Officer Flies Drone Over Residential Area
- Troopers Investigating Montcalm County Drowning
- More eyes in the sky needed to fight bushfires says report
- Workhorse Enters into Strategic Agreements with Hitachi and Hitachi Capital America
- Banwen rave: Eight fined and arrests made for drug driving
- Watch: Playful dolphins frolic with swimmers in stunning close encounter off Waiheke Island
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.