Here are today's most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you'd like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
DJI Ronin RS2 delayed but comes in two versions – A recent tweet from DJI Global indicates that the launch of the DJI Ronin RS2 is delayed, but that there will be two versions of this popular handheld gimbal stabilizer. A third photo shows what seems to be a pre-production model of the DJI Ronin RS2 balancing a hefty RED Komodo camera and cinema lens, indicating that the new gimbal combines lightweight and strong performance.
Jones Beach lifeguards with drone keep swimmers safe from feeding sharks over Labor Day Weekend – At Jones Beach in Long Island, NY, lifeguards equipped with a drone keep swimmers safe from feeding Thresher sharks over Labor Day Weekend. Just as beachgoers were starting to enjoy the waves, the lifeguards called for everybody to exit the water.
Drone shows Pushmataha County Search and Rescue crew the way to couple in need of urgent help – Last week, a drone showed the Pushmataha County Search and Rescue crew the way to an Oklahoma couple in urgent need of help after a flash flood ripped through their property.
Using DJI Phantom drones to catch sharks off the Long Island coast – An article from the NY Times explains how local fishermen catch sharks with the use of DJI Phantom drones of the coast of Long Island, NY. Warmer, cleaner water in combination with reduced industrial fishing has brought back the bunker baitfish in large numbers to the shores of Long Island.
How to get ActiveTrack on Mavic Mini with Litchi Beta and Litchi Magic Leash apps – Here's how you can get ActiveTrack on the DJI Mavic Mini with the Litchi Beta and Litchi Magic Leash apps. As you probably know the DJI Mavic Mini lacks DJI's ActiveTrack, most likely because the drone doesn't have any obstacle avoidance sensors and DJI wants to keep you from losing the aircraft, but with the Litchi Beta and Litchi Magic Leash apps for Google's Android platform you can work around this and get the shots you want.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- The Race For Drone Delivery Just Got A New Leader: 3 Key Differences That Will Define Who Wins
- Eyes on the world – drones change our point of view and our truths
- The Juice Productions presents unique Cobra X drone system
- Photos and video: Exclusive drone footage of Lake Berryessa area damaged by Hennessey Fire
- Drone Carries Freight To Offshore Oil Platform
- Kyoto startup creates drone that can fly on autopilot in areas with no GPS reception
- ‘A risk to firefighters': Trump's drone ban makes it harder to stop wildfires
- NATO Builds Prototype to Detect, Identify and Localize Small Drones
- Teal's new Golden Eagle is set to redefine the world of high-performance drones
- Xiaomi Youpin launches the Fimi X8 SE 2020 foldable drone
- Drone delay? Dodgers vs. Rockies briefly halted when drone buzzes Dodger Stadium
- Dozens More Mystery Drone Incursions Over U.S. Nuclear Power Plants Revealed
- Caltech's Cannon-Launched SQUID Drone Doubles in Size, Goes Autonomous
- WATCH: Drone video of TN4Trump Boat Parade
- Drone video: Manatee startles woman at Indian Rocks Beach
- Oman puts in place new law regulating drone usage
- senseFly drones deployed to monitor Lake Winnipeg ice hazards
- ‘Why AIB Didn't Deploy Drones at Chopper Crash Site'
- Car plunges 15 feet, lands upside-down in Westchester crash
- “All we have is hope”: search continues for missing toddler Dylan Ehler
- Brean drone photos show incredible sand art spanning 134 metres across beach
- 2,000+ drones stage light show in St. Petersburg to commemorate anniversary of end of WWII
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
Copyright © DroneXL.co 2023. All rights reserved. The content, images, and intellectual property on this website are protected by copyright law. Reproduction or distribution of any material without prior written permission from DroneXL.co is strictly prohibited. For permissions and inquiries, please contact us here.
FTC: DroneXL.co is an Amazon Associate and uses affiliate links that can generate income from qualifying purchases. We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email.