Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Groundwater tracking drone used by URI researchers to monitor salt ponds – A groundwater tracking drone is used by the University of Rhode Island researchers to monitor salt ponds. Leaking septic systems, damaged underground infrastructure, excessive fertilizer use, and other land uses can contaminate groundwater. However where that water and the contaminants end up if the million-dollar question. URI researchers have now turned to drones to help answer it.
Australian-made wildlife tracking drone allows researchers to track endangered animals – Dr. Debbie Saunders uses an Australian-made wildlife tracking drone that allows researchers to track endangered animals, such as Pangolins, swift parrots, honeyeaters, orange-bellied parrots, banded hare wallabies, and koalas.
Dutch Atmos UAV expands distributor network to South America with Capital Drone – Atmos UAV, the fast-growing Dutch drone manufacturer that develops high-end VTOL fixed-wing drones for surveying and mapping applications, further expands its distributor network in South America and signs a reseller agreement with Capital Drone. Capital Drone will be responsible for the distribution of Marlyn drones in Bolivia, and will provide assistance and first-line maintenance services to Bolivian operators.
Thermal drone reveals ancestral Wichita site in Kansas – A thermal drone reveals an ancestral Wichita site in Kansas and showcases how drone technology can be used to discover archaeological structures under the soil.
ASSURE partner K-State Polytechnic launches UAS Fire response training – ASSURE research partner K-State Polytechnic launches UAS Fire and HAZMAT Response Training. The best ways to use UAS in fire and emergency response activities will be taught in a new four-day UAS training course for firefighters and HAZMAT response personnel offered by Kansas State University Polytechnic Campus.
Virtual surveyor offers enhanced functionality in free version of drone surveying software – In release 7.4, Virtual Surveyor has added new functionality to the free pricing level of its popular drone surveying software. The “Valley” plan of Virtual Surveyor now allows users to create engineering CAD models from drone orthophotos and/or LiDAR data sets.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Electro Optic Systems (ASX:EOS) releases new counter drone product
- Huge Outlay of Drone Light Shows Market by World
- Slovenia’s Pipistrel starts accepting orders for Nuuva series of cargo drones
- How Chinese Drones Are Helping Farmers Not Only In China, But In The US & India Too?
- Yemen’s Houthis Say They Fired Drones at Saudi Arabia’s Abha Airport
- New artificial intelligence system for American drone
- Biz Bits: Drone start-up makes skies safer, Garage Door Studio receives grant
- Man drowns after canoe accident at Longfellow Pond, police say
- Amazon Scout: Retail giant hiring in Cambridge to work on its autonomous delivery robots
- VIDEO: Huge Whale Visits Croatia – This Summer’s Second Sizeable Visitor
- U.S. Military Set to Deploy Advanced Drone System Developed with Israel Ministry of Defense
- Drone footage of WA Museum Boola Bardip suspended from the ceiling.
- Man faces multiple charges over flying drone
- ‘Drone Express’ takes to the skies above Springfield
- Appeal for information after drone carrying drugs, SIM card found near Long Bay
- Cyberhawk to Support California Utility with Drone Services
- Person Shot In Neck Along Lincoln Highway, One In Custody
- Aurora man dies in head-on crash
- TASK FORCE MARINES INCREASE UNIT READINESS WITH SMALL UNMANNED AIRCRAFT SYSTEM
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.