Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Amazon develops flight simulators to train delivery drones to avoid real-world crashes – Details published by the European Patent Office show that Amazon has filed for a patent to teach autonomous drones about flight speed, lift-off, rolls, and landings with the use of flight simulators.
Walmart to deliver COVID-19 test kits by drone in pilot project – Walmart said today that it would start delivering COVID-19 test kits by drone through an automated drone delivery system to customers’ doorsteps in a pilot project.
Drones4Safety to increase safety in European civil transport – In June 2020, a consortium of nine partners coordinated by the University of Southern Denmark has launched the EU-funded Drones4Safety project with the aim of increasing safety and security in European civil transport. Drones4Safety proposes an innovative solution that replaces the direct human involvement in railway and bridge inspections with a cooperative, autonomous and continuously operating drone system. Energy harvesting, Artificial Intelligence, and a swarm system are the key aspects of this project.
Pix4Dmatic: accurate, faster photogrammetry on a larger scale – Photogrammetry leader Pix4D is announcing the commercial release of Pix4Dmatic: the digital photogrammetry software for accurate and fast corridor and large scale Drone Mapping.
Update from White House and Commercial Drone Alliance – In an opening session moderated by Lisa Ellman, Executive Director of the Commercial Drone Alliance (CDA) at the Commercial UAV Expo 2020, Michael Kratsios, Chief Technology Officer of the United States provided an update from the White House.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- St. Mary’s new drone lab flies toward completion in Fall 2020
- According to Unmanned Systems Technology, 5G will enable three prominent drone technologies
- Drone, bloodhound used to find suspect in Stafford
- University of Tennessee students are designing the Army’s next drone
- A study shows drone delivery could save customers money, earn businesses revenue
- Drones rise to the COVID challenge
- Volunteer uses drone to help find animals in the Almeda rubble
- Is America’s Drone-First Counterterrorism Policy in the Sahel Misguided?
- Proposed ordinance could restrict flying drones in Omaha parks
- France rebuffs UK’s drone offer to stop Channel migrants leaving beaches in first place
- Start-up set to begin drone tests for delivery of urgent medical supplies
- Drones to rule the product delivery skies in the near future
- Drones with high-range cameras help Telangana cops track Maoists deep inside forests
- Army-funded research may enable drones to run on any type of fuel
- Fully autonomous drones ‘next step’ for oil and gas
- Volocopter partners with DB Schenker to deploy heavy-lift drones
- Search continues for 17-year-old in waters off Northport, P.E.I.
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.