Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Swoop Aero ready for “phase two” of its medical drone program in Congo – Swoop Aero ready to launch “phase two” of its medical drone program in Congo. The Australia-based drone startup will use its drones to join the government in its fight against COVID-19, ebola, and other major diseases.
NC Sheriff’s Department uses federal grant to buy two DJI drones – A North Carolina Sheriff’s Department uses federal grant to buy two DJI drones, the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual and the much larger DJI Matrice 600 Pro. The two drones combined and including accessories costs around $22,000.
DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual helps to see through Holiday Farm Fire smoke – A DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual, flown by an instructor from Lane Community College’s drone program, helped to see through the thick smoke of the Holiday Farm Fire in Oregon to identify hot spots.
FAA grants NSDOT waiver to fly Skydio drones BVLOS during inspections – On Friday, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) granted a waiver that allows the NCDOT to operate Skydio 2 drones beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS) during infrastructure and bridge inspections. the approval is part of the FAA’s UAS Integration Pilot Program.
Red Cat signs agreement to acquire FPV headset-maker Fat Shark – Red Cat Holdings signs agreement to acquire FPV headset-maker Fat Shark Holdings for an undisclosed sum, to expand its presence in the First-Person View (FPV) drone business.
Drone industry powers on to be worth US$92 billion by 2030, says ABI Research – The drone industry powers on in a post-COVID-19 world to be worth US$92 billion by 2030. Looking past COVID-19, new regulatory changes, and the slow rollout of remote ID and 5G will enable an enormous upscaling of drone operations, says ABI Research.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Rare and elusive killer whales a mysterious presence in Cayman
- 12 Health centres receive medical supplies by drone delivery in North East Region
- Once a bane of pot growers, aerial surveillance now a B.C. cannabis crop ally
- FROGS is a step closer to become the first startup in SEA to fly passenger drones
- Killer drone armed with a SHOTGUN developed for British armed forces to take out terrorists inside buildings
- Researchers use drones to monitor water flows in the ground
- Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium to Deploy Disinfecting Drones
- Covid-19: Council broke the law by using drones to monitor public movement
- Duck Hunter Rescued From Rice Lake With Help From Drone, DNR Officers
- Scientists Pilot Drones in Effort to Save Trees From Invasive Beetle
- Landmark waiver lets drones fly into fire
- Walmart signs trio of drone deals as it races to play catch-up with Amazon
- XTEND Showcases HUNTER Platform at Europe’s Largest Evaluation of Counter Drone Systems
- Deputies Use Drone, K9 To Help Catch Suspected Lincoln Burglar
- Switchblade 600 drone provides improved loitering missile capability
- Chinese drones being used to drop weapons in J&K: DGP Dilbag Singh
- Drone photography reveals extent of Aylesbury flood damage
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.