Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
DJI Mavic Mini 2 is on its way according to FCC filing – Today, in an FCC Filing we see new information on and confirmation of the ‘new’ DJI Mavic Mini 2 that is underway, as DroneXL.co exclusively reported here first.
DJI FPV drone photo surfaces on OsitaLV’s Twitter account – Today, another DJI FPV Drone photo surfaces on OsitaLV’s Twitter account This time we get to see a bit more of this eagerly awaited first-person-view quadcopter from the world’s largest drone maker.
Drone rescued 60-year-old duck hunter who clung to boat for hours – A Police drone rescued a 60-year-old duck hunter who had been stranded and clung to his boat for hours in a Minnesota lake last Saturday. According to the police, officials used a drone to find him in a lake roughly 140 miles north of Minneapolis.
Missing man found dead in Mansfield after aerial search with drones – On Sunday, First Responders found the body of a 20-year-old man who was reported missing on Saturday. The aerial search included drones and helicopters.
Drone used in search for missing 4-year-old in Ottawa County – The first responders who were looking for the missing 4-year-old in Ottawa County, Michigan included the Zeeland Township Fire Department Drone Team. The child was found safely after a three-hour search.
Autonomous Systems and AI highlighted in Future of Defense Congressional Report – The following is a statement from AUVSI president and CEO, Brian Wynne, in response to the House Armed Services Future of Defense Task Force report:
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Serbia eyes buying Turkish-made combat drones
- Ukraine considers buying 48 Bayraktar TB2 drones from Turkey
- Drone delivery system drops packages from 150 feet – on a tether
- Azerbaijan-Armenia conflict: Canada suspends sale of drone tech to Turkey
- Queensland named as home of Boeing’s military drone production facility
- Drone education courses cleared for take off across the state
- City of Beatrice Sets Drone Policy
- EU justifies buying surveillance drones for Belarus
- Council approves drone resolution
- Drone contraband attack thwarted at Mobile Metro Jail
- USU Drone Lab Demonstrates New Drone, Drone Use In Agriculture
- Disinfecting drones help sanitize NFL stadium
- Cal Fire Introducing New Reaper Drones To Help Combat Wildfires
- European funding fast-tracks drone based geotechnical investigations
- New EHang 216L cargo drone can carry up to 200 kg of payload
- Russian Tor-M2 to be Armed With Small Anti-Drone Missiles
- DroneSeed is first in U.S to receive approval from FAA for post-wildfire reforestation in California and five other states
- Behind the Scenes: Wildlife filmmakers on the difficulties of filming bears
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.