Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
New Mavic 3 unlikely to be released before the summer of 2021 – Back in August, we wrote that the new Mavic 3 would be delayed ‘until Trump is gone,’ based on information from within the drone maker. Now, we have learned that even if President Trump leaves the office, the new Mavic 3 is unlikely to be released before the summer of 2021. Why? Well, keep reading.
DJI cancels plans for new sky bridge head offices in Shenzhen, China – Two years ago, DJI surprised us with a video and renderings of what would be DJI’s new head offices consisting of two towers that would be connected by a sky bridge as the ultimate drone launching platform. Now, information from a source high within DJI tells us that the plans for DJI’s sky bridge head offices have been canceled.
DJI Mavic 2 drone shows up during North Korea military parade – On Saturday, the ruling party of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) celebrated its 75th anniversary with a precisely choreographed military parade. Analysts remarked that the ‘production value’ of the event had increased significantly, noting a new building from which the country’s leader Kim Jong-un addressed the crowds, the massive display of military force, including the new ballistic missile, and the many drone shots that were part of the live broadcast. In some shots, we can clearly see a DJI Mavic 2 drone making an appearance.
DJI Mavic Mini Fly More Combo discounted. Only $399! – As if we needed another indication that the Mavic Mini is to be replaced soon by the Mavic Mini 2. DJI will be discounting the DJI Mavic Mini Fly More Combo by 20% bringing the price down to $399 instead of $499 as of Tuesday, October 13th when Amazon Prime Day starts off.
Lucid Drone Technologies uses UAS to fight coronavirus in N.C. – Lucid Drone Technologies is ready to start cleaning and spraying disinfectants with drones to fight the ever-spreading coronavirus in North Carolina.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Drone footage captures devastation caused by back-to-back hurricanes Delta and Laura as 370,000 are left without power and the death toll rises to two
- DRONE RULES ON FINAL APPROACH – WHITE HOUSE REVIEWING REGS FOR REMOTE ID, OPERATIONS OVER PEOPLE
- Couple tests socially-distanced Halloween candy delivery system using drone
- Could this drone save lives on ski slopes in the Alps?
- Phantom Technologies rolls out new drone detection, jamming system
- NZ Ocean Racing training drone footage
- Middleboro environmental group thrives thanks to dedicated volunteers
- Police are supported with drones – WELT
- Workhorse Secures $200 Million Financing from Institutional Lenders
- MELBOURNE MEDICAL DRONE COMPANY WINS INNOVATION AWARD
- Sri Lanka- Suspect arrested while operating drone in Thirukkovil
- Body found during search for missing UofSC student
- Sheriff: Missing Portland man’s vehicle located in Coos County; search for man suspended
- Police arrest 6 people after report of ‘illegal immigrants’ running from lorry in Lincolnshire
- Pentagon to release its counter-small unmanned aircraft systems strategy
- As Drones Become More Common, Privacy Concerns Arise
- US Army solidifies requirements to counter small drones
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.