Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Mavic 3 rumored to feature mechanical shutter and enhanced low-light performance – Although we will almost certainly have to wait for this new DJI drone, the Mavic 3 is rumored to feature a mechanical shutter option, enhanced low light performance to reduce noise in both video and photo, new Hasselblad color technology, a wider field of view, but no micro 4/3 lens system.
Remote ID for Drones is on track for finalization by the end of 2020 – On October 5, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) submitted the final rules for Remote Identification of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (Remote ID for Drones) and Operations of Small Unmanned Aircraft Over People to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). The OMB now has 90 days to review the new regulations, so it appears that Remote ID for Drones is well on track for finalization and publication before the end of this year, reports AOPA.
DJI Mavic Mini Fly More Combo discounted. Only $399! – As if we needed another indication that the Mavic Mini is to be replaced soon by the Mavic Mini 2. DJI will be discounting the DJI Mavic Mini Fly More Combo by 20% bringing the price down to $399 instead of $499 as of Tuesday, October 13th when Amazon Prime Day starts off.
French ski resort turns to thermal drones to aid rescue workers – In the French Alps ski resort Val Thorens has announced that it will start using thermal drones to help rescue workers on the alpine ski slopes.
Drone footage shows devastation of hurricanes Delta and Laura – Drone footage shows the devastation left behind in the wake of hurricanes Delta and Laura that battered the Gulf Coast in short succession.
Dronedesk saves drone operators 45 minutes of admin per flight – Dronedesk announces the launch of its drone operations management platform out of public beta. Dronedesk has been in testing for a full 14 months. During that time they’ve worked with dozens of established commercial drone operators to build an application that really does do everything. Beta users have reported that, on average, since switching to Dronedesk they’re saving 45 minutes of admin time on every flight they plan.
New FoxFury Rugo lighting systems for DJI M210 and 300 drones – FoxFury Lighting Solutions (FoxFury) officially announces the addition of new and improved Rugo drone mounts for use on DJI Matrice and Inspire 2 drones. These new mounts allow the waterproof, rechargeable Rugo lights to be used in low light inspections and meet global night flight requirements (including FAR 107.29) for anti-collision lighting.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Deploying drones to deliver defibrillators
- Don’t let drones fly away with your privacy
- White House moves forward with drone and missile sales to Taiwan: Report
- Billings Fire Department receives $300K federal grant for hazmat detecting drones
- DroneDeploy Expands Data Platform Beyond Drones, Introduces On-the-Ground Perspective with 360 Walkthrough
- Australian Drones Can Now Perform Policing Duties Including Forensic Crash Investigations: Watch Now
- Drone footage reveals suspected African swine fever hotspot
- Georgia man accused of shooting, damaging workers’ $15K drone
- Drone maker Delair spins out its computer vision platform to create Alteia
- ‘This is a revolution’: Israeli drone company plans for worldwide aerial-supply networks
- Police bust an alleged drug deal in China using a drone
- Police drone busts an alleged drug deal in China after tailing a suspect and filming the exchange
- Justice Department sets new policy governing the purchase of foreign-made drones
- Drone users must get licensed to fly certain unmanned aircraft or face penalties from February
- Flybotix’s ASIO indoor inspection drone can fly safely for up to 24 minutes
- Webster police, protesters offer dueling accounts of arrests
- Angry gull brought down drone over school
- Korea demonstrates unmanned grocery delivery to a remote island
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.