Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Skydio over-sells, under-delivers and couldn’t care less about FAA rules – In response to my previous article in which I said Part 107 pilots beware, Skydio is NOT your friend, Skydio’s Chief Marketing Officer, Alberto Farronato, argues that Autonomy is the new opportunity for Part 107 drone operators. Unfortunately, nothing could be further from the truth. Ask any Uber driver how they view their future employment in light of the advance of self-driving cars. If it’s up to Skydio, Part 107 pilots will go the way of the dinosaurs, and in a few years, the way of the Uber drivers. However, my point here is not to save Uber drivers or Part 107 pilots (although, I have warned you). No, I take issue with the fact that Skydio over-sells, under-delivers, and doesn’t seem to care about regulatory limitations, it appears.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Fireball-dropping drones and the new technology helping fight fires
- Drone helps find woman in her 90s after she went missing during a walk
- Drones used to trace man swept away in stream in Sangareddy
- Children develop drones for critical areas
- Inspection drones buzz this airport (and the FAA is cool with it)
- Nevada Fire Chief on Cisco Webex: It’s ‘Fireproof’
- Georgia man arrested for shooting down drone
- Drone Delivery Canada joins research project with Toronto University, Ford Motor
- Honeywell buys drone fuel cell supplier Ballard
- Law Enforcement Finds No Evidence of LAX Jet Pack Guy
- Workhorse Closes $200 Million Financing from Institutional Lenders
- Protecting Whales through Research and Public Policy
- Estimated 5,000 Cape fur seal foetuses found on Namibian coast
- Drones and cameras will keep North Wales’ trains running this autumn
- Missouri deputies use drone with thermal camera to find missing 93-year-old woman
- Scottsdale Fire Department flying drones to increase public, firefighter safety
- NSW National Parks and Wildlife deploy drones in post-bushfire recovery
- Aquiline Drones to Ramp Up Domestic Assembly Line
- Police use drone to find missing Lethbridge man
- Aertos drone is made to take a beating
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.