Here are today's most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you'd like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Mavic Mini 2 release date rumored to be November 5th – Earlier in this month, we already reported on the expected specs for the DJI Mavic Mini 2. Now we are glad to be able to inform you that the latest DJI drone is rumored to be released on November 5th!
Mavic Mini 2 priced at $449 and $599 for Fly More Combo – This time it wasn't Best Buy, but Adorama accidentally leaked information on a new DJI product. The Adorama website shows that the DJI Mavic Mini 2 will be priced at $449 and at $599 for the DJI Mavic Mini 2 Fly More Combo.
Drone delivery mailbox maker Valqari get 500K in funding – The Chicago-based drone delivery mailbox maker Valqari receives $500K in funding and a manufacturing deal from AgEagle, that is also gearing up to manufacture its drones at scale.
Seed drones used by WWF to boost koala gum trees after Australia wildfires – After the devastating wildfires on Australia's East Coast, specialized seed drones are now used in a test program to drop seeds to boost koala numbers by regenerating bushland with gum trees. The program is part of a World Wildlife Fund (WWF) scheme.
Autel EVO I donated to the East Great Plain Volunteer Fire Department in Norwich – On Monday, an Autel Evo I drone was donated to the East Great Plain Volunteer Fire Department in Norwich, CT. The drone was donated by Autel Robotics and FoxFury Lighting to the National Public Safety Drone Donation Program, which in turn donated the equipment to the fire department.
uAvionix files FAA TSO application for ADS-B Out drone transponder – uAvionix Corporation announced today that it had filed a Technical Standard Order (TSO) application with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Aircraft Certification Office (ACO) for its flagship Mode S ADS-B Out transponder for Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS).
Drones assisted in the search for a missing hiker in Zion National Park – Drones and canine units assisted in the search for Ms. Courtier, who on October 6 after getting off the shuttle bus at Zion National Park in Utah went missing. Authorities said that she was safely found last Sunday after having been missing for two weeks.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Pufferfish-inspired robot could improve drone safety
- New research projects to explore use of drones for medical delivery purposes
- Longmont plans drone flight near Union Reservoir on Wednesday
- Lee County deploys drones in mosquito control efforts
- Russia Shot-Down A Total Of Nine Turkish Bayraktar Drones Near Its Armenia Military Base – Russian Media Reports
- Ukraine International Airlines Using Drones for Aircraft Structure Inspections
- Drone delivery network to be tested in Waterloo Region
- Drones Provide Special Sight with HS Camera Tech
- Armenia claims it found Canadian tech on downed Turkish drone
- FSF, International Relief Organizations Partner to Accelerate Drone Use in Humanitarian Missions
- Dronisos partners with Delta Drone and provides drones for Puy du Fou
- Drone used as officers recover stolen farming equipment in Somerset
- THE THREAT OF THE TERROR DRONES
- Drone program takes off during its fourth year at Southeast
- TASMANIAN DRONES FIND GUNS AND CHASE VEHICLES
- This startup battles blazes with a fleet of firebombing drones
- Transport Canada Issues New BVLOS Drone Operations Waiver for Power Line Inspections
- Drones Saving Forests
- Will the Election Impact the Future of Drones?
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
Copyright © DroneXL.co 2023. All rights reserved. The content, images, and intellectual property on this website are protected by copyright law. Reproduction or distribution of any material without prior written permission from DroneXL.co is strictly prohibited. For permissions and inquiries, please contact us here.
FTC: DroneXL.co is an Amazon Associate and uses affiliate links that can generate income from qualifying purchases. We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email.