Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
FAA 2020 virtual National Drone Safety Awareness Week – The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) announces the 2020 National Drone Safety Awareness Week. The virtual event will take place from November 16-22, 2020.
Dutch solar drone maker Avy completes test flight with fixed-wing drone – Avy, a Dutch solar drone manufacturer, has announced a successful test flight of its fixed-wing drone, marking a milestone in bringing long-haul flights one step closer to being emission-free. The drone is equipped with custom solar foil developed by Wattlab to reflect and absorb more sunlight and is designed to be used for urgent medical transport, support emergency services, and nature conservation initiatives.
Watch the FAA’s DAC meeting live here on DroneXL – You can watch the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Drone Advisory Committee (DAC) live here on DroneXL.
Easy Aerial integrates infiniDome GPSdome tech for GPS-denied environments – Easy Aerial integrates infiniDome GPSdome tech to ensure continuous UAS operations in GPS-denied environments.
Fixed-wing drones used to deliver coronavirus kit between UK hospitals – In the United Kingdom, fixed-wing drones are used to deliver coronavirus kit between hospitals in Essex. The drones will carry blood tests and personal protective equipment.
Drone captures fisherman’s close encounter with a great white shark – video – 2020 is apparently the worst year for shark attacks in Australia. More Australians have been killed in unprovoked attacks than in any year since 1934. No wonder that the Australian fisherman in a kayak freaked out when he saw this great white shark. A friend’s drone captures the close encounter as it happened in a video.
Drone video shows the beauty of Slovakia – A team of Slovak creators going by the name Hike the World made a drone video to show the beauty of Slovakia. the almost seven-minute video contains tons of beautiful drone shots of amazing scenery.
RAWview announces FlytBase drone partnership – FlytBase and RAWview have announced a collaboration that brings FlytWare – a fully autonomous, drone-based inventory counting solution – to United Kingdom warehouse operators.
Cyberhawk signs drone services contract with LNG producer – Cyberhawk, a leader in drone-based inspection and creator of iHawk, a cloud-based asset visualization software, has secured a five-year contract with a global LNG producer for the provision of drone inspection, surveying, and data visualization services.
Drone imagery helps tell story of Berry Creek and devastating North Complex Fire – Today in the Washington Post, drone imagery helps to tell the story of Berry Creek and the North Complex Fire that devastated the small town in California.
FAA’s Drone Advisory Committee meets again tomorrow! – The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Drone Advisory Committee or DAC meets again tomorrow to discuss all kinds of drone matters, including I’m sure Remote ID for Drones.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Integrating lidar into drones for aerial surveying
- Experts: For Drones to Work in the Air, Get Buy-In on the Ground
- The Navy Just Sent A Drone To Deliver Cargo To One Of Its Ballistic Missile Submarines
- THIS AERIAL DRONE FOR NASA WILL HELP DISCOVER PROSPECTIVE LANDING SITES ON MARS
- Victoria Police defends use of drones to enforce coronavirus restrictions on AFL grand final long weekend
- Winnipeg paramedics use drone to rescue patient in remote park area
- Ware Raises Funding to Advance Warehouse Innovation, Drone Technology
- Bartlesville Police Train with Newly Purchased Drones
- Test project sees drones deliver COVID-19 test kits to remote Alberta communities
- Harness delivers enterprise continuous integration on heels of Drone.io acquisition
- A UPS exec reveals how the pressures of the pandemic can make drone deliveries a reality as it starts flying medical supplies, PPE, and medicine
- Drone Delivery Canada Announces Update on Beausoleil and Georgina Island Projects
- Dutch corridor to boost drone flight beyond the pilot’s sight
- Stolen drone, video footage for virtual concert returned to Roanoke Valley Children’s Choir
- ECPD looking to implement the use of drones
- Former Fort Dix inmate used drone to smuggle goods into prison, feds say
- British forces ‘would struggle to cope with new drone swarms’
- Drone helps police recover farm equipment stolen from Puckington
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.